XF 2.1 Two Questions

dothejon

1: is there a way to allow users to register different accounts with the same email?

2: I'm getting this message in Admin..

"
The files listed below have contents different from those originally downloaded.

If you have edited these files yourself, you may ignore this message, otherwise you should investigate further as this may be evidence of corrupted or altered files. "

for "

XenForo
src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php Unexpected contents

1. No.

2. Upload the file again. If you didn't edit it yourself then you may need to investigate as to what did.

1. well that is stupid. Every other forum software allows it or has an option in the admin to allow users to have more then one account tied with the same email. that mean my members would have to create a new email address for each character. blah

2. That work thanks.. not sure what edited it cuz i didnt touch it.. could it got edited somehow when my host transfered everything over?

. well that is stupid. Every other forum software allows it or has an option in the admin to allow users to have more then one account tied with the same email. that mean my members would have to create a new email address for each character. blah
Why would you allow the same person to have more then 1 account? To me thats stupid.

1. well that is stupid. Every other forum software allows it or has an option in the admin to allow users to have more then one account tied with the same email. that mean my members would have to create a new email address for each character. blah

Not stupid at all. That is the way its should be.

Unless of course there should be one account for Norman Bates and one for his mother.

Why should one person have more than one account? It just causes confusion - you may be talking to two different users and knowing it's the same actual person. We ban people for trying to create more than one account.

BTW, why not put the actual topic of your question in the subject line of the thread, it's the best way to get appropriate answers.

you may think it stupid i may deargee.. the type of site i join is roleplaying and people do use more then one character for the game and such. it just easier to pay attention to what character is doing the roleplaying if the name is being used as the username. but ill figure something out to benfit those who would want to, otherwise if i end up not getting much interest due to that issue then i prly might end up going back to woltlab or mybb. Would end up sucking because i really like xenforo software. but hey everyone opinion to their own.

Top Bottom