1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Twitter Widget issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by OverHere, Jun 28, 2013.

1. OverHere

OverHere Active Member

At my website at www.satisfy.tv I have placed the Twitter widget but it only shows tweets made from the Twitter account - it is not showing the latest threads posted on the website? (The Twitter widget is the actual widget you can set up from within your Twitter account).

My developer has confirmed that all relevant Twitter settings in site admin are all pointing to our Twitter account @satisfytv and that all other Twitter settings are correctly done.

So, is there anything may be which my developer has missed? How to get the Twitter widget to start showing threads posted on the website?

Thanks.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no Twitter widget included in the software.

This must be from an add-on.
    Try posting in the relevant thread.

3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

The Twitter widget is working as designed.
    (The Twitter widget is the actual widget you can set up from within your Twitter account)

4. OverHere

OverHere Active Member

yes, it is a Twitter widget was set up from within the Twitter account itself which is added but the point is that my developer has done all Twitter settings in site admin but the latest threads are not appearing in the widget? Does the dev need to do something specific in site admin to ensure that latest threads start to appear in the widget? May be the dev needs to reset some connection which connects xF to Twitter @satisfytv?

5. Brogan

I'm not sure who your "dev" is but there is nothing in the ACP which will auto post tweets to a twitter widget.

Brandon Sheley likes this.
  6. OverHere

OverHere Active Member

oh I see, confusion.. so do you mean the dev should use twitterfeed.com or something similar which will send all threads to my twitter account @satisfytv which in turn will appear in the widget on the site?
    thanks.

7. Brogan

You will need an add-on to automatically send threads to Twitter.

There may be one in the resources.

8. Donny

Donny Active Member

Use Twitterfeed to RSS it to your twitter account.