XF 1.1 Twitter push when a new thread is created

Marco Famà

Dear all

is there any way to make the xenForo push on my official Twitter account that a new thread has been created on my forum?

I've seen lots of communities doing so: whenever a new conversation is opened, a tweet appears like "FORUM | Title of the thread - Read more: LINK"

Thanks for your support
Marco

sigh... this should be considered by the xenForo admins as a Change Request / New feature request for upcoming versions, what do you think?

I believe xenForo is one of the best choices on the market, and I guess this would make it even better..

take care
Marco

sigh... this should be considered by the xenForo admins as a Change Request / New feature request for upcoming versions, what do you think?

I believe xenForo is one of the best choices on the market, and I guess this would make it even better..

take care
Marco

Personally I do not have an use for something like that but I see what you mean. Try to post this as a suggestion at the General XenForo Discussion and Feedback section or at the Modification Section and hopefully someone will make a modification.

Ooops done it too fast, Brogan.
Thanks for this! I've already posted there, where I've been suggested. Hope it can be moved.

PS: How can you manage to watch all the convs so fast? Don't you have a tool within the xenForo instance you're using? That's amazing, and I'd like to do the same for my community :)

By the way there's twitterfeed.com that you can use to push new threads to twitter through the forum's RSS

yes you're right, but it looks like need to manually add each forum's RSS feed instead of a single global one. It's fine if you have a few RSS... but hard to manage if you have several, right?

Thanks guys
Marco

yes you're right, but it looks like need to manually add each forum's RSS feed instead of a single global one. It's fine if you have a few RSS... but hard to manage if you have several, right?

Thanks guys
Marco
I use the global rss feed in Xenforo with twitterfeed just fine. It works great.

Top Bottom