1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitter Integration

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by CypriotMerks, Apr 27, 2014.

1. CypriotMerks

CypriotMerks Member

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this.

I'm adding Twitter to the front page of my forums so when I tweet statuses it will show on the front page on my forums.

I've done every step right but I'm not sure if I am missing something or I've done something wrong, I don't seem to have all the options -> Twitter Integration to active my 2 keys.

Untitled.jpg

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Twitter integration isn't for that.

As the description text states, it allows people to Tweet your site content on their Twitter feeds.

upload_2014-4-27_15-9-1.png

3. CypriotMerks

CypriotMerks Member

How do I connect my Twitter account to Xenforo? I don't want my players looking at random twitter statuses, only mine.

Untitled.jpg

Like this

Untitled.jpg

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. CypriotMerks

CypriotMerks Member

Ok thanks.

You can lock thread, I will come back later if I'm still stuck. :)

6. Main Company

Main Company Active Member

So, I would have liked to embed what I view when I visit Twitter, what they call "Home". But seems that I can't do it. I had to create a custom "List", add the people that I follow to that List, and then create a custom Widget for that List. Am I missing something?

7. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1.1/get/statuses/home_timeline

8. Main Company

Main Company Active Member

9. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

If you are not familiar with *oauth just make sure you have lots of extra hair to spare :)

(* start there)