1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitter integration in Beta 1?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by OperaManiac, Sep 22, 2010.

1. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

From what I remember, developers have planned to add on support for Twitter/openid and other login systems.

My question is. When are they planned to be added. At least one of these before the release of Beta 1/v1?

The reason for this question is... Facebook integration is pretty awesome. I do not even have a password on this forum as I can just login using my Facebook account...

But Facebook is not likely to attract a lot of new users because it is tied to their personal profile. I actually want to disconnect my Facebook profile from here but do not know how to! It reveals my real name and my photo from my FB profile.

Twitter on the other hand is not so private in nature. It does not require you to have a real name... So, more people are likely to join using their Twitter account compared to Facebook. Support for Google Accounts, OpenID would also be very welcome as soon as possible!
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Assume that what you see now is what will be in the beta.
  3. OperaManiac

Alright. I hope they are planned for future releases though. Not a big fan of FB. It's a privacy nightmare. More comfortable logging into third party services myself with Twitter as it is designed to be more public by the nature of it!

Thanks for the quick response :)

PS. How do I disconnect my FB profile here now?
  4. Mike

5. OperaManiac

argh. of course. i cannot change the user name without moderators' involvement after disconnecting my FB account from here.

any plans to offer it for cases when the account was created through facebook. and that means your real name is used on the forum. now i have disconnected it but my real name is still used on the forum?!
  6. Mike

You don't have to use your real name when you register with FB - you're given an option to change it before the account was created. If you want your name changed, PM me.
  7. OperaManiac

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions & Questions' started by Sushubh Mittal, Today at 1:12 PM.

Haha. Found it somewhat strange that this value was not updated on user name change.

I understand that my name hard coded in quotes in posts is not going to change by itself... But this was sort of confusing :)

The link points to my old profile page but redirects to the new one... So, that's good.
  8. AmericanForum.com

AmericanForum.com Well-Known Member

I hope Twitter intergration is on the planning board ... its a very usefully feature for bringing in traffic when its used properly. :)
    Peggy and OperaManiac like this.