1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitter hit with lawsuit for 'eavesdropping' on messages

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by erich37, Sep 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

Jadey and AndyB like this.
  2. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 Well-Known Member

Lawsuits like this should be tossed out and the lawyers who brought it fined for wasting the courts time. If you don't like twitter having access to your messages, don't use them. All administrators have access to all data on their systems, that is how computers work.

Jadey, KeVo and Amaury like this.
  3. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

What a terrible headline.

Daniel Hood likes this.
  4. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

It's interesting to see how this plays out because XenForo functions in similar ways now with the link proxy system and also (possibly) with the link -> title conversion in 1.5. Admins might want to keep an eye on what happens with it because if manipulating a link in a "private" message is an issue, a large portion of the internet is guilty.

JulianD and AndyB like this.
  5. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

This just seems like someone is trying to make a quick buck from Twitter due to the already vague and shaky laws surrounding things such as the internet/social media that can't keep up with the ever evolving world wide web.

More importantly it will be neat to see how Twitter defends itself, normally Facebook is on the spotlight for this kind of stuff but, I hope twitter isn't a push over either.

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Did Twitter ever claim that DM's are "private" ? I noticed a lot of organizations are refraining from using the word "private"

Daniel Hood and Alfa1 like this.
  7. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I think thats the key here.

8. Joe.

Joe. Active Member

I always assume anything "private" sent over the internet can and will be ready by someone unknown to me at some point in time.

Xon, Daniel Hood and Alfa1 like this.
  9. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Everyone should assume this IMHO.

Xon, Daniel Hood and Static-Xbox like this.