Twitter features

AmericanForum.com

Did a quick search and couldn't find what XF is implementing with Twitter.

Can anybody chime in on this ? :)

Again I need what IPB already has in core and that is the ability to post to Twitter directly from

the website ...

Also ... ideally I would like to award trophies based on the member posts that received

x number of tweets. :)

In the interest of fairness and balance, XenForo has already incorporated the Facebook "like" for each thread so a "Twitter This" is in order. :)

I agree ... the other thing to consider is that with Facebook you are merely making the worlds biggest forum bigger ... in the end your users will simply abandon you (give it time as FB improves)

... however with Twitter you can generate very good traffic almost instantly and bring the conversation to your forum.

I am not crazy about Twitter personally but I can not deny how well it works to generate traffic ...

Test it here Mike and do a few Tweets and have others Tweet ... chances are good you will break your present traffic record in a few hours :)

I can't grasp Twitter, it confuses the hell out of me, granted that isn't a feat that takes a lot.
Just think of it as free advertising for your site :D

I generally just use it to direct people towards relevant posts or information on my site, using the appropriate hash tag, usually #F1.

Just think of it as free advertising for your site :D

I generally just use it to direct people towards relevant posts or information on my site, using the appropriate hash tag, usually #F1.
See that means absolutely nothing to me.

I'm going to have to read up on this here Twitter thing.

In the interest of fairness and balance, XenForo has already incorporated the Facebook "like" for each thread so a "Twitter This" is in order. :)
Yes, indeed! :)

It makes me sad, and pains me to see people under a rock... :-/

Twitter is pretty powerful. You have no idea what you're missing.

Well for example I run a motorsport site and after every F1 race we tweet the overtakes, yes really, people are interested in stuff like that.

So I open my Twitter page and tweet the following:

#F1 overtaking analysis and data for the Italian GP now available http://bit.ly/b5PTcv

Anyone who follows the #F1 tag will see that tweet, as will anyone who is following me.
Anyone else can re-tweet the message which will in turn be seen by their followers, and so on.

The end result is it drives traffic to my site.

Well for example I run a motorsport site and after every F1 race we tweet the overtakes, yes really, people are interested in stuff like that.

So I open my Twitter page and tweet the following:

#F1 overtaking analysis and data for the Italian GP now available http://bit.ly/b5PTcv

Anyone who follows the #F1 tag will see that tweet, as will anyone who is following me.
Anyone else can re-tweet the message which will in turn be seen by their followers, and so on.

The end result is it drives traffic to my site.
This. And whoever searches the keywords you use for your tweet - BOOM. It shows up on the list of tweets.

What people don't realize is that Twitter is trying to be a mini-search engine by itself.

Top Bottom