XF 2.1 Twitter & Facebook Images

Chad

Anytime I post a link to a thread from https://www.talkjesus.com to Twitter or Facebook, it always uses my header logo instead of the image in the thread or video. I don't now how to fix it. I read some other threads. Guest ability (unregistered usergroup) to view attachments, threads, etc is already enabled.

Examples attached and unregistered usergroup permissions. I would appreciate help.

Screenshot_2020-03-29 Home Twitter.webp

Screenshot_2020-03-29 Edit user group Unregistered Unconfirmed Talk Jesus - Admin control pan...webp

Screenshot_2020-03-29 Edit user group Unregistered Unconfirmed Talk Jesus - Admin control pan...webp

Screenshot_2020-03-29 Edit user group Unregistered Unconfirmed Talk Jesus - Admin control panel.webp

If you haven't already, go through this thread....

For my purposes I have attachments viewable to guests (we only only image attachments, no zip files or anything) and then I'm using some template changes to grab the first available attachment found in a thread as the OG image. If you view any of the threads at Cameraderie photography forum with images in the threads you can see it in action.

If you have attachments viewable to guests and if grabbing the first available attachment as the OG image is wanted (as opposed to specifying a specific image per thread) then try the below on your test install.

Thanks but:

" ACP => Appearance => Style Properties => Basic Options => Metadata Logo URL "

Already set. I want a custom image per thread, when shared via Twitter, Facebook, etc.

"View attachments to posts" already set to "yes" for guest view group permission.

Thanks but:

" ACP => Appearance => Style Properties => Basic Options => Metadata Logo URL "

Already set. I want a custom image per thread, when shared via Twitter, Facebook, etc.

"View attachments to posts" already set to "yes" for guest view group permission.
Just letting guests view attachments isn't enough to use an attachment automatically as the OG image. If you want a free solution that'll use the first attachment from the thread's first post and is something you want to do manually, there are threads here at XF with the various template changes needed. If you want a free solution that'll use the first attachment found in a thread and you don't want to do the needed template changes manually, the add-on I linked to above will do that. If you want a custom image per thread then you won't find a free solution and there's an add-on that will do that.

I have the opposite problem. I just upgraded from XF1.5 to XF2.1 and now when I post to FB it's grabbing an attachment from somewhere, I am not even sure which post it's getting it from. But I would rather it use my OG Logo. What did you do to get it to grab your OG Logo?

Top Bottom