Resource icon

Twitter Authentication 2.0

No permission to download
For some reason, {$xenOptions.c2Twitter_consumerKey} is returning false. What could cause this? I am talking in regards to the log in with twitter button in sidebar_visitor_panel. When I remove the <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.c2Twitter_consumerKey}"> condition it obviously shows up, so why would that fail? And yes we've entered the key. Could there be an issue with the key itself?
It's my site http://googletvforum.net that Audentio is trying to help out with. If anything is needed from me, please let me know, I'd love to have this add-on up and working on my forum, thanks!
You are talking about another addon which is old and unsupported. This addon doesn't have {$xenOptions.c2Twitter_consumerKey} anywhere.

Oh, this was the only twitter plugin and I saw that the person who needed the support posted here. I'm sorry to bother you. :)

You are talking about another addon which is old and unsupported. This addon doesn't have {$xenOptions.c2Twitter_consumerKey} anywhere.

This is the add on I'm using "Twitter Authentication 1.2.0", it's the one with the download button at the top right of this page. This add on is no longer supported? Is there a new version somewhere?

I have completely uninstalled, deleted files, and reinstalled this add on.

Oh, this was the only twitter plugin and I saw that the person who needed the support posted here. I'm sorry to bother you. :)

This is indeed the add on I'm using. After I rated the add on, saying it doesn't work with all styles, the author replied:

"blame to styles which remove native template hooks"
Could this be the problem? I don't know anything about hooks or anything, I really just want this thing to work, please.

That is unsupported addon which has option {$xenOptions.c2Twitter_consumerKey} mentioned by
This (my) is supported and I already told you that the reason of it's not working for you is custom style.
If I had access to style I could say what exactly matters. It may be a hook missing, var $eAuth=false or whatever.
If the style loads native untouched template "login" instead of "login_bar" than it of course not gonna work since this template has no hooks at all.
Any button can be easily added by editing template or creating modification in TMS.

That is unsupported addon which has option {$xenOptions.c2Twitter_consumerKey} mentioned by
This (my) is supported and I already told you that the reason of it's not working for you is custom style.
If I had access to style I could say what exactly matters. It may be a hook missing, var $eAuth=false or whatever.
If the style loads native untouched template "login" instead of "login_bar" than it of course not gonna work since this template has no hooks at all.
Any button can be easily added by editing template or creating modification in TMS.

Would you be willing take a look if I give you admin rights for styles in the forum?

I really appreciate the help here, it's just very frustrating to me trying to get this to work.

No problem, send me them in conversation. Better if it would a test instanse of forum.

Just go sign up for the forum and I'll give your account admin rights. I don't really know how to do a test instance of the forum though...

So since this has been re-written, does this require us to un-install the old version or can we simply upgrade?

"
OAuth token missing or bad request
"

it almost works... call back url is there.. I pinged my host about the time sync issue... i don't know what else it could be?

The server time is correct and it is in PDT time zone.
Anything else? Other than that i guess i can remove the add on?
Totally worthless at this point if it dont work on my site thanks.

call back in twitter app:
http://boss-302.com/index.php?forum/#welcome-to-boss-302-com.1

Not sure what all is going on, but when I logged out with my normal browser, when I tried to sign in with the twitter account, it linked my current username and password (not twitter password) to the account and let me log in...
However... when I pulled up google chrome and tried to log in with twitter button..
I get this again: "
Boss-302 Owners Group - Error
OAuth token missing or bad request"
I will leave the twitter button enabled for a day or two.... feel free to try it...
Mightas well try to figure out the issue then keep disabling it.
Ill try a few different browsers to see if I can get any different results in the mean time..

Top Bottom