• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Twitter Authentication 2.0

No permission to download
Twitter Authentication

guiltar

guiltar submitted a new resource:

Twitter Authentication (version 1.2.0) - Twitter Authentication

INSTALLATION:
1. Upload files
2. Import XML
3. Create twitter application http://dev.twitter.com/apps and put its Consumer Key and Consumer Secret to addon's options.

FEATURES:
1. Registration of a new account via Twitter
2. Association of an old account with Twitter account

NOTES:
1. Complete removal of the addon will leave twitter users without password.
Read more about this resource...

ineedhelp

If I ever disable or remove this app, will it also remove/delete all the members who joined using Twitter ? Because, that will be a very big issue/problem...

Can the members set a new password if the app is removed? And login and use the forum as normal ?

guiltar

If I ever disable or remove this app, will it also remove/delete all the members who joined using Twitter ? Because, that will be a very big issue/problem...

Can the members set a new password if the app is removed? And login and use the forum as normal ?
Members will be able to reset password if email they set in registration is correct.
Addon doesn't delete members but deletes their twitter association when removed.

Got an error :

Code:
Could not retrieve a valid Token response from Token URL: Desktop applications only support the oauth_callback value 'oob' /oauth/request_token?
Any ideas? Thanks

Update : Call back URL needs to be set. Then It Works.

Hyperion

Does this add-on support the stay logged in feature? One of my members who used this said that upon reopening his browser he is no longer logged in. He also says this:

I'm using Safari if that matters.

In my settings on Twitter it says read only access when other forums say read and write access.

When ever a new user tries to signup with twitter, he gets this error
Code:
A server error occurred. Please try again later.
Update : Call back URL needs to be set. Then It Works.
Will this make any difference? as i have not set the callback url. If yes then what should be my callback url?

guiltar

When ever a new user tries to signup with twitter, he gets this error
Code:
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Will this make any difference? as i have not set the callback url. If yes then what should be my callback url?
I signed up successfully on your forum :)
Probably site url wasn't set in options.

Thanks for this add on, I am having trouble getting it to work though. I installed correctly I'm sure. I set up the twitter app (hopefully I did this correctly). If I'm logged in I can see an option to associate a twitter account, but as an unregistered user I don't see the Twitter button anywhere. Any ideas?

guiltar

Thanks for this add on, I am having trouble getting it to work though. I installed correctly I'm sure. I set up the twitter app (hopefully I did this correctly). If I'm logged in I can see an option to associate a twitter account, but as an unregistered user I don't see the Twitter button anywhere. Any ideas?
Could you provide link? If it's your first signature forum, I guess it's a style issue.
Search for 'login_bar_eauth_items' in templates. You should find a hook.
Also check it on default style.

Could you provide link? If it's your first signature forum, I guess it's a style issue.
Thanks, I checked on the default style and it shows up so it's definitely a style issue. ( Yes it's the first link in my sig)I have no clue anything about coding, so I opened a support ticket with the guys who made that style. Hopefully they can help me out.

I'm having the same issue. It doesn't even show with the default style. Still looking into it.

Edit: I see the <xen:hook name="login_bar_eauth_items"> under the template, but it doesn't seem to work still. The Twitter button did show when I had the old Twitter Authentication plugin installed and disabled... quite odd that it worked then and odd that it won't work now.