1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitter Authentication 2.0

Twitter Authentication

1. guiltar

guiltar Well-Known Member

guiltar submitted a new resource:

Twitter Authentication (version 1.2.0) - Twitter Authentication

Read more about this resource...
    TheVisitors and infis like this.
  2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Was so waiting for this (just need one for Google now)
    pipedreams likes this.
  3. avi

avi Active Member

Thanks for this. & +1 for google auth.
    pipedreams likes this.
  4. ineedhelp

ineedhelp Well-Known Member

If I ever disable or remove this app, will it also remove/delete all the members who joined using Twitter ? Because, that will be a very big issue/problem...

Can the members set a new password if the app is removed? And login and use the forum as normal ?
  5. guiltar

Members will be able to reset password if email they set in registration is correct.
    Addon doesn't delete members but deletes their twitter association when removed.
  6. madshark

madshark Member

Got an error :

Could not retrieve a valid Token response from Token URL: Desktop applications only support the oauth_callback value 'oob' /oauth/request_token?
    Any ideas? Thanks

Update : Call back URL needs to be set. Then It Works.
  7. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Member

Does this add-on support the stay logged in feature? One of my members who used this said that upon reopening his browser he is no longer logged in. He also says this:

8. guiltar

Next version will be stay users logged in.
  9. Dev

Dev Member

When ever a new user tries to signup with twitter, he gets this error
    A server error occurred. Please try again later.
    Will this make any difference? as i have not set the callback url. If yes then what should be my callback url?
  10. guiltar

I signed up successfully on your forum :)
    Probably site url wasn't set in options.
  11. Dev

Dev Member

I just setuped the callback url to my forum url and it worked like a charm. :)
  12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

13. Israel

Israel Member

Thanks for this add on, I am having trouble getting it to work though. I installed correctly I'm sure. I set up the twitter app (hopefully I did this correctly). If I'm logged in I can see an option to associate a twitter account, but as an unregistered user I don't see the Twitter button anywhere. Any ideas?
  14. guiltar

Could you provide link? If it's your first signature forum, I guess it's a style issue.
    Search for 'login_bar_eauth_items' in templates. You should find a hook.
    Also check it on default style.
  15. Israel

Israel Member

Thanks, I checked on the default style and it shows up so it's definitely a style issue. ( Yes it's the first link in my sig)I have no clue anything about coding, so I opened a support ticket with the guys who made that style. Hopefully they can help me out.
  16. Member 3639

Member 3639 Active Member

Okay so i seem to get this error when trying to sign in using twitter;

17. Wulfspider

Wulfspider Active Member

I believe you need to generate a token as well as set the callback URL. The OP didn't really mention those.
  18. Wulfspider

Wulfspider Active Member

I'm having the same issue. It doesn't even show with the default style. Still looking into it.

Edit: I see the <xen:hook name="login_bar_eauth_items"> under the template, but it doesn't seem to work still. The Twitter button did show when I had the old Twitter Authentication plugin installed and disabled... quite odd that it worked then and odd that it won't work now.
  19. Member 3639

Member 3639 Active Member

I have a token generated on the twitter app itself, but it still gives that error?

Can someone do a proper step by step that works?
  20. guiltar

It's strange but I can login your forum :)