Twitter Account

Peggy

My new site is opening next month, and I have a question.

Do you have a twitter account for your website? I know alot of you do, including XenForo.
What are the benefits, in your opinion? Sure you can tweet site stuff, but you can do that under your own account too.

So what's the deal?

Twitter is great for driving traffic to your site.

I have a site Twitter account but I don't have a personal account.

Since my site is new, its Twitter account hasn't been used too much, but right now, I'm just using it to tweet about new music and music news. Once the site gets going, I'll use it to announce some interesting new threads when they pop up, more news, and possibly take song requests and things from it. I created and currently run the Twitter account for the vB site I administrate as well, and we do the same thing--tweet about new threads and new events on the forum, as well as forum updates. Using an "official" account instead of my own account is nice because I can be more...professional with it, and that way, people can also follow site news without having to scroll through all of my complaining and boring tweets that they may not care about if they just want site stuff. :p

If you want to see examples of them, they're at @voiceradio and @pokefarm. :)

EDIT: Oh; what Grover said too. I often notice when I tweet a link on PF that it brings in a good handful of guests (though most are probably bots :P).

Do either of you have a twitter icon on your sites so others can click and follow you?
PF has Tweetboard, which is one of those "annoying" (to quote that other thread :P) scrolly boxes that sits on the index and, when clicked, opens to show tweets. I'm now updating via TweetDeck, so those don't show up, so I'm going to look for a different option.

Right now, The Voice is using a sidebar block where social media pages will be linked to (with images) once they're all set up. I was also thinking about putting them on the right side of the header if it's possible (like where the content box is on Flexile).

Oh wow, now I have a dilemma........

when trying to set up a twitter account, I ran into an issue. The name of my site is We ♥ Our Kids. The heart is made by pressing the alt key and 3. But when trying to do this at twitter, for the username, it doesn't work. What do you recommend?

(btw, alt + 3 simply goes to the 3rd tab in chrome for me, I suspect it also needs to be the right numpad with numlock on.)

Oh wow, now I have a dilemma........

when trying to set up a twitter account, I ran into an issue. The name of my site is We ♥ Our Kids. The heart is made by pressing the alt key and 3. But when trying to do this at twitter, for the username, it doesn't work. What do you recommend?
Yeah; Twitter doesn't allow for special characters in its usernames. Maybe @weloveourkids, like your domain?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure < isn't a usable character either, unfortunately.

Yeah; Twitter doesn't allow for special characters in its usernames. Maybe @weloveourkids, like your domain?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure < isn't a usable character either, unfortunately.

It's not. :(

the domain is actually weheartourkids.com, so I'm going to go with WeHeartOurKids.

I have one, and been using it for my business for a year now...Its been driving a lot of traffic to my site. :D

Here is mine: www.twitter.com/CarlosX360

See? I advertise, but I leave spaces between tweets. Nothing too bothersome, nothing too annoying, and likewise, not spammy. :D

Interesting topic as I just created a account for my website couple days ago but I don't have a personal account. Been keeping a close eye on it to see what kind of traffic it would really generate. I'll be using it mainly for website and industry related updates, we'll see how it does.

As for the benefit, it's really about getting traffic and getting your websites name out there. Imagine for example, you publish an interesting article and post a link in your twitter account. And someone that's following you sees it, likes it, and retweets it. That's a possible chain effect that can go on to couple more people and there you have more visitors to your website.

At least that's what I think of it lol

Top Bottom