• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tweet Topics - Auto Twitter Submit on New Thread

vbgamer45

Tweet Topics - Auto Twitter Submit on New Thread
By: vbgamer45

Install information:
1.Upload the library folder to the root directory of your Xenforo forum
2. In the Admin CP go to Home then Install Add On area and select and install the
tweettopics.xml from your computer

Tweet topics automatically tweets selected boards to your Twitter account.
Anytime a new topic is posted a new tweet is posted on Twitter.
Addon supports Twitter's OAuth system and Bitly for link shortening

Note: this add-on is known to break thread redirects!

Attachments

• tweettopics.zip
    tweettopics.zip
    16.2 KB · Views: 279
  • tweettopics.webp
    tweettopics.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 318
This looks really good. I have this setup already using twitterfeed.com but id much rather it depend on my own server. Just a few questions, does this hog resources? since it will be updating a lot..

Does it post the forum title and the link or does it actually post bits of the post? Are you able to add a screenshot of a post and how it was posted on twitter? thanks.

Now this could be handy.
smile.png

I used a similar one on my vB site and it was great for getting new traffic, but it only worked on the forums whereas my site is mainly a 'what's on' site and I always wanted this function for auto-tweeting new events being listed.

Now with Jason's XenAtendo events mod auto-creating an associated thread, I assume that thread could be auto-tweeted too?

This addon will auto tweet any newly created thread that is forum list that is selected under configuration.

What is tweeted. Is the subject of the thread along with a link to the thread itself.

Thanks for this. But I'd like to be able to tweet only the threads that I want to tweet, rather than have every new thread tweeted automatically.
Like a Tweet this thread link next to the Watch Thread link.

Thanks for this. But I'd like to be able to tweet only the threads that I want to tweet, rather than have every new thread tweeted automatically.
I could probably add that option in the future. Main question with that is who would have access to it. Only admins?

I used to have a similar addon on vB4 back then, it was great to bring in new visitors and traffic. I'm going to install this addon tonight!

I could probably add that option in the future. Main question with that is who would have access to it. Only admins?

Possibly an option to include multiple usergroups via checkbox. It's always nice for a hot topic to be tweeted by others with a further option to retweet if the admin tweeted it first. Hope that made sense.

When I read the title I thought that was what this add-on was. Would be a nice feature to have and will certainly use it if someone doesn't create it first.

I use this little [drop-down] baby on my vB site that allows anyone to share a thread to accounts they have on various other sites...

Save_share.webp

1. Go to http://www.AddToAny.com and click "Get the Share Button".
  2. Click which BUTTON TYPE you want. You can leave the rest blank.
  3. Click "Get Button Code". Save this code.
  4. In the AdminCP -> Appearance -> Templates -> Create new Template. I called mine "AddToAll". Paste the code here.
  5. Open your page_container. Find
    Code:
    <!-- main template -->
  6. Add BEFORE
    Code:
    <xen:include template="AddToAny" />
  7. Done.
Of course, this puts it on every page. You can alter the code to exclude certain pages but this is a quick & dirty way of doing it.

Apologies, I should have clarified my statement.
I'm running phpBB - still waiting for a XF importer before I can switch (or to go the vB route).

does anyone actually have this running?
everything appears to be set as expected, but the only thing that is working for me is bit.ly link creation. nothing gets tweeted.

does anyone actually have this running?
everything appears to be set as expected, but the only thing that is working for me is bit.ly link creation. nothing gets tweeted.
Couple things to check:
First check that your twitter app that you created has both Read and Write access

Second check that you have consumer_key, consumer secret and OAuth_token and OAuth_token_secret filled out.

Top Bottom