Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone [Deleted]

There are two things being discussed here, want to separate them to avoid confusion -- one is hiding the text entry area in 1.0/1.x (screenshot shown by @Amin Sabet ), the other is hiding the Home/Alerts/Whats New/Watching/New Post button bar in 2.0/2.x.With the understanding that these two items are separate, @Amin Sabet and @The Sandman , if you give your votes, 2.0 will add the option to hide the button bar.

Note, the native snap photo button as well as native page number navigation will be hidden when the "hide button bar" option turned on, since both of these need the button bar to function.

Ping @bloh

I definitely would appreciate the option to hide the button bar as I have that area exactly how I want it already. Thank you for asking!

@vbresults I've disabled the smart app banner by removing those fields under options, but I still get these render blocking calls which seem to be related to that banner:

Code:
https://push.turnkeymobileapps.com/libraries/??smart-app-banner/css/smart-app-banner.css,mobile_interface/css/default.css

and

Code:
https://push.turnkeymobileapps.com/libraries/??smart-app-banner/js/smart-app-banner.js

Is there some way for me to disable those? I want my page loading speedy. Thanks.

@Amin Sabet In 2.0 these are locally hosted, and one of the listed css files has been replaced with an inline style tag. That said, it is not recommended to tamper with or turn off the smart banner as it is where 97% of your app installs originate from and consequently, removing it will eliminate uptake of your app.

That said, the underlying issue here is that the resources are loaded synchronously. I have put down a note for 2.0 to make these asynchronous and will be able to implement it as long as no technical roadblocks are presented by the smart banner library.

Having it load resources asychronously will help a lot.

That said, it is not recommended to tamper with or turn off the smart banner as it is where 97% of your app installs originate from

One of the problems with the smart banner as presently implemented is that it seems to keep coming back even when someone has dismissed it more than once.

Regardless, I think we should have the option to remove the smart banner though. Inability to control such things is a big part of why I left Tapatalk.

One of the problems with the smart banner as presently implemented is that it seems to keep coming back even when someone has dismissed it more than once.
The smart banner library does not have the capability to know how many times it has been dismissed. That said, I just noticed that it's set to re-appear every 15 days after being closed which is a problem; I thought it was 90 days but that was actually the other setting for when the view button is clicked (not the close button).

I have just updated the 2.0 add-on so that both of these settings are set to 180 90 days. Note that the smart banner system is cookie based for non-safari browsers, so if you clear your cookies that counter will reset. Safari will run at it's own tempo since that's an OS-managed smart banner.

Last edited:
I've seen it coming back sooner than 15 days after being dismissed in Chrome on iOS.
To correct my previous statement, the smart banner is cookie-based for non-safari browsers, which means in iOS (for example Chrome) it could be cookie based. And if those cookies were ever cleared, the timer would be reset.

We do not have plans to implement a banner switch but if anything changes you'll be notified.

Last edited:
"Optional 'Minimal UI' mode (no quick photos or button bar)"

Is Minimal UI mode an option in the free version also or only the paid version?

"Optional 'Minimal UI' mode (no quick photos or button bar)"

Is Minimal UI mode an option in the free version also or only the paid version?
The free version and the paid version are the same app, they have 100% feature parity, so it's in both.

I uninstalled the addon then installed the new version after uploading the files, but I don't see the option for minimal UI. Also, I don't see where to enter the app ID, is that still needed?

I uninstalled the addon then installed the new version after uploading the files, but I don't see the option for minimal UI. Also, I don't see where to enter the app ID, is that still needed?
The minimal UI setting is on the site (under Layout, for each app); the app id settings were removed as this is automatically managed now.

@vbresults - In Chrome on iPhone the smart banner comes back repeatedly after dismissed. I've dismissed it 5-6 times since yesterday, and it keeps coming back. In Safari on the same iPhone, it hasn't come back yet.

@vbresults - In Chrome on iPhone the smart banner comes back repeatedly after dismissed. I've dismissed it 5-6 times since yesterday, and it keeps coming back. In Safari on the same iPhone, it hasn't come back yet.
im pretty sure this is chrome issue, it happens when you open a page then chrome auto reload it, everytime it does this it will re-show the banner

this started happening 2 months ago or so

I'm testing out The Admin Zones app, the new new post button doesn't seem to work.

I type in a title, hit return on the keyboard, it hides the keyboard and nothing happens.

Can't figure how to clear it.

Edit: Oh so you can tap to the left of the title to go back, but there's no icon there?

I still can't figure out how to progress to make a post.

I tried using the camera icon to test it out, more issues, doesn't seem to do anything.

I pick a photo, then the keyboard comes up, but I don't see where any text is going?

Again, I hit return and the keyboard dissapears, what next?

Seems quite buggy. iOS 10.2 iPhone 7.

I was working quite a bit over Christmas Eve and Christmas, and only just got home - I need to upgrade TAZ to the latest version of TMA so hopefully this will address some if not all of your concerns. :)

Okay - latest version is installed on TAZ. However, I don't believe the Apple apps are available yet - watch for those to be available for your devices!

Top Bottom