Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone [Deleted]

Most people in the world have iPhones.
Where do you base that information from? Apple?

kantar-smartphone-share-aug-2015.PNG

http://www.ibtimes.com/apples-ios-still-getting-crushed-android-us-2130868

@vbresults How long does it take to get each app into their respective stores?

What will happen if I open an attached file in a thread? And how do I navigate back to the thread after opening the attached file?

What will happen if I open an attached file in a thread? And how do I navigate back to the thread after opening the attached file?
Just tested it and on Android you just press the Back button. Not sure about iOS.

What happens if I click on an external link? Will it open in the app or open the regular browser?

Feature requests:
  1. Option to assign different styles to different user groups
  2. Option to not have the app be full screen
  3. Option to remove the forward/back buttons on Android.

This is rather easy and should be possible with the current version. Just add the style id to the url the app calls.
@Russ Forgot we can do this instead, so I guess it can be considered already-implemented.

Sort of a bad solution though, because if you want the user to use a specific style on the app this would load the style on desktop as well.

I wouldn't really consider this "implemented" as I know I'd get annoyed beyond belief if I had to switch to the main style every time I go back to desktop.

In the case of ads, we can only control where they open if they use an anchor tag. Google's ads use window.location instead of anchor tags which we can't intercept.

I would not want to open ads directly in "my" app. This needs a better solution.

The alerts aren't working for me.

As you can see i have one unread conversation.
2015-10-27-20-19-52.webp

But in the icon. I don't see any alert, for example my email icon shows alerts
2015-10-27-20-25-36.webp

Yes i do, But i deleted it when you were looking for me. I will install it again to see if it still doesn't work.

---

Actually,

I have a suggestion after testing out your add-on on someone else's website.

In the future maybe you can you give the administrator of the forum an option of what happens when members click on the "Forum Icon"

2015-10-27-20-20-03.webp

At the moment when i click on the icon, It takes me your web wrapper,
Instead of the web wrapper. I want it to always open in the default mobile browser.
In my case, i use Chrome on my mobile.

I like the fact that you can download this off google play and it has push-alerts, but im not too interested in the web wrapper. Maybe when it has more features but at the moment its nothing too special. it's just another browser.

So giving the administrator of the forum the option in the admin panel:

Example:

radio_buttons_tablet_1348765_11.webp

Or even better! Lets the member choose which they prefer. In the app settings.

Cool add-on! I hope i can buy it in the future.

I hope some designers on here can create an awesome app specific fstyle, where the presentation is more streamlined and user friendly. For all the issues with Tapatalk, i did like their posting interface which made it easier for users.

I like the fact that all my custom addons will work on this, unlike tapatalk though so keeping a close eye on how things progress, above and beyond just a web browser in an app with notifications.

The way this is intended to work is that it opens in the system browser instead of the app, so you don't get locked in to an image in-app. Apparently it's not working this way, that is a bug. I've just applied an update to the code that should fix this. It does not require an app update, only that the app data is cleared [which has the old code with the bug].
If it open the attached files in the system browser, what would happen to those attached files that requires log in?
Does it prompt user to log in again in the browser?

Has anyone actually had their app approved by Apple yet? I looked into this as a solution about a year ago, but read that Webview apps were always rejected unless they leveraged iOS in a way that is unique from the mobile website.

Top Bottom