XF 1.5 Turn Board Offline without Admin CP?

Gossamer

Is there a way to turn the board offline without going through the Admin CP?

I'm experiencing technical difficulties on my forum that are making me unable to access the Admin CP. I'm going to my host about it, but I want to turn the board offline in the meantime.

Usually such issues should be recoverable. Have you got any details on what the issues are?

If you haven't already, you might want to try adding the following to your config.php file:
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

That should prevent most dynamic code execution which may allow you to log in to the Admin CP and, for example, disable or remove the add-on that is causing a problem. You'd then, hopefully, be able to remove the line added to config.php.

Of course if the above does allow you to log in to the Admin CP and you still need someone to look into it, you should be able to turn the board off in the conventional way.

I think it's a server problem causing the issues. Everything was fine last night, and I hadn't made any changes to the site. Basically, most of the links other than the link to the board index are triggering file downloads instead of loading the page. :/

I'll give that a try though!

In which case turning the board off might not help.

I agree with you that it sounds like a server issue. But if that's happening then turning the board off will likely have the same effect - turning it off still loads XenForo and still requires PHP but it just prevents access.

Top Bottom