Tuition fees in the UK to rise.

Unfortunately Elizabeth the cancer still has not been removed from the body, the crisis in the UK is directly related to what I am saying, prices rise for a reason, the cost of every commodity is tied to the cost of energy, so are the operation of universities since they have giant overheads to pay out as you well know.

The budget deficits in both the UK and the USA are directly tied to costs of these dual wars and maybe another one soon in Korea.

To close, unless the educated speak up against corruption it will continue and only get worse, sticking your head in the sand is not going to help your nation or the world correct the problems we have currently.

If we have done so well in securing vast oil supplies (the UK and USA masters) can someone tell me why the prices at the pump are not down to .50 cents a gallon today ??

If this was the case the economic and operation problems and cost of goods for all would be solved and the economies of the nations could boom, but since the markets are in fact rigged, this will never happen.

You folks in the UK may not want to blame Blair and his masters, but he is one of the major villains in this still unfolding crisis, funny and ironic that the powers to be in Britain found a way to put Blair in as the chief envoy or diplomat for the middle east, there is the cancer that has not been removed, this is the same as Bush appointing Kissinger to investigate 9/11, it is a joke.

Anthony, it's not head in the sand syndrome but looking forward not backward and using your power to vote to affect change. Blathering about a subject in the past gets tiresome.

Unfortunately the issue is not in the past, but is currently boiling over at the moment, if you don't want to place the blame properly on what is causing the problems, that is in fact placing your head in the sand.

The students in the UK are revolting against the situation I describe, if the UK media hides the true facts on what has caused this current economic situation, and the UK citizens accept the status quo (Blair and company still stealthily in power) then you all deserve what is happening.

I guess you had better take the money you should be paying professors and hire more riot police quickly.

I concur with what Fred said a few posts back - sadly, I have to concur, because he pretty much nailed it. What he wrote might appear unattractive and draws a sickening picture of the situation, but his observations surely are not wrong.

I was basically in the same boat - I studied math and physics and was able to get a job in research. It was a nice and educating job, payment wasn't great but enough to pay my bills (which was all that mattered for me). A few years later, the fundings for the research institute were cut down and we lost our jobs. Trying to get another job in academic research felt very much like an impossible mission after a few iterations.

Ever since then, I've been working in the IT industry and all I learned back in school and uni wasn't exactly required for these jobs.

Research can be expensive and our governments are not able to provide enough funding - hell, they can't even pay for their debts. Those who have enough money to fund large research projects will make damn sure that their investments will flow back into economy at some point.

So who's to blame for it? I'm afraid, we all are in some or another way guilty, because our consumptive life style is what powers the economy and the basic principle of demand and supply does not stop at the gates of the "ebony towers of science and research". It is not a very pleasant situation, but denying the facts is not going to help.

Yes, the world needs more scientists and fewer bankers, but that's not going to happen unless we drastically change our life style.

SilverCircle. its sad to hear I wasn't the only one.

We can all make the choices for ourselves. It need not be a societal change. The salary I make now is necessary to pay four tuitions (one of which is mine as I complete a MA in Pastoral Theology). When everyone has graduated in three years, I will be able to afford the reduction in pay that will allow me to take a position as an Associate Professor of Theology. So trust me, just because I can explain the reality in which we live, I'm not promoting it as what is "right". Ultimately, that is something everyone has to decide for themselves.

Can you be rich and happy? Sure, but money doesn't buy happiness. Can you be poor and happy? Sure, but its hard to be happy when you go hungry. The trick is to find the balance between need and want. Work to afford all that you need, but not all you want. You'll miss out on too much of what life has to offer if you try.

The most important thing to remember is when the moments of your live apporach zero, what you'll want most is more time, so why squander the time you have now on unimportant, unfulfilling pursuits?

The most important thing to remember is when the moments of your live apporach zero, what you'll want most is more time, so why squander the time you have now on unimportant, unfulfilling pursuits?

I am actually glad to read this and the rest of your post, I must confess, I had you pegged as yet another venal Capitalist who's only interest was self interest.

Glad to read I was wrong.

But it does highlight the idiocy of our current situations, that everything is always about money.

It truly saddens me that people have to abandon careers in one direction to go in another to pay bills and support families etc.

I know someone who would have loved to have been an Archeologist however they ended up with a Commerce degree doing IT instead.. for all the same reasons.

We don't value Archeology, or Physics or pure Math or Theology, or whatever, as societies we are too stupid, and venal and short sighted to realise that the greater our knowledge the wealthier we are, not just in monetary terms.

Perhaps we should all be protesting instead of accepting like the good little consumerist sheep our governments want us to be. (not that I am condoning violence it was a rhetorical reflection on the sad state of the world)

What is very sad to see are people for their own political self interests sit around and make excuses for the problems, all the while when it is plain and simple to figure out why the current situation exists and who is responsible.

The plain and simple truth is, this entire situation of driving up oil prices for no real reason has made the 'so called enemies of the west', Russia and Iran filthy rich because they are large energy providers.

If our blundering and highly idiotic policies make our enemies strong while our own people (UK and USA) go into deep debt financing failed wars that drive the price of oil to world records, all this so Mr. Putin and the Arab Oil producing nations can laugh all the way to the bank, then we have been beat in the chess game being played.

Hey, they don't care if the oil wars go on forever, face it, we have failed and are massive failures and have been sold down the tubes by our own leaders who were purchased lock, stock and barrel by the oil companies.

What is very sad to see are people for their own political self interests sit around and make excuses for the problems, all the while when it is plain and simple to figure out why the current situation exists and who is responsible.

The plain and simple truth is, this entire situation of driving up oil prices for no real reason has made the 'so called enemies of the west', Russia and Iran filthy rich because they are large energy providers.

If our blundering and highly idiotic policies make our enemies strong while our own people (UK and USA) go into deep debt financing failed wars that drive the price of oil to world records, all this so Mr. Putin and the Arab Oil producing nations can laugh all the way to the bank, then we have been beat in the chess game being played.

Hey, they don't care if the oil wars go on forever, face it, we have failed and are massive failures and have been sold down the tubes by our own leaders who were purchased lock, stock and barrel by the oil companies.
Here's the question none of the "oil war" lunies seem to be able to answer...
The US invaded and essentially took over the third largest oil producer in the world (Iraq). If this was all about oil, why'd we give it back to the Iraqi people?
Never heard a good answer to that one.
And now a second question. What does it have to do with the cost of education in the UK?

Fred, you seem to rub me the wrong way so I'm not going out of my way to educate you, I have seen your type on forums before, this is not my first go round with folks that hold your views.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=996&bih=618&q=BP oil contract Iraq&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

I already provided links in prior posts that you apparently have a real hard time understanding the meaning of, but I'm sure others do.

Study the above links in the Google search and maybe you will be able to digest a bit of the truth instead of listening to Rush Limpbrain and Sarah Palin while they extol the virtues of Halliburton and Rockefeller's puppets Cheney and Kissinger.

Study up on the Trilateral Commission then get back to me Fred.

Who are the rich Fred ?

Read and study and you may find out soon !!!

Fred, do you think it might cost more to heat the classrooms in the universities now days ?

Fred, do you think it might cost more to heat the classrooms in the universities now days ?
Seriously? Of all the reasons, that's why you think tutions are going to be raised that much? Dude, start your own thread on the evil oil empires and Darth Cheney and let those one have its topic back.

LOL, you don't even read threads or follow links given to provide evidence, but post for some sort of attention Fred, responding to your posts are wasted effort because you are one of those 'hard core Republicans' who actually think they know what is going on.

This thread is about the UK government raising tuition due to massive government budget deficits caused by the 'oil grab wars' Fred, you really don't get it man, so stick your head back in the sand.

Another thing you don't get is the fact that oil costs are a factor in the cost of everything that is Fred, the bottom line is, you need to take an economics and a finance class in addition to all the other stuff you claim to be in college for.

As far as I'm concerned, Iraq hasn't been handed back to the Iraqi people, whilst there are still foreign bodies there, it will not be in their control. But that's for another topic.

Seems pretty cheap still to me. Although I did attend a Florida state school with in state tuition and that was a whopping $3k a year. Thankfully they are finally raising it above $5k now.

Top Bottom