Trust+ [Deleted]

What we are currently considering is a credit system. Users can buy packages of credits prepaid or pay per request postpaid. Credits will not expire and will remain in the user account until used. Users who prefer the monthly pricing who are currently on it will have the option of being grandfathered in. This is a win-win situation, as a fixed price per month/year for unlimited requests made is not sustainable to us as a business, and we have received a lot of feedback about the current model of requests per month. What does everyone think of this proposal?

Any updates on this?

We are still working on implementation of new pricing in such a way that it does not cause us financial liability to users for unused credits, but at the same time allows more flexibility based on usage.
3.5 months later, I assume this is no longer happening?

3.5 months later, I assume this is no longer happening?
We intend to eventually make pricing changes; at the moment, the $10 / mo plan does not have its usage limit enforced, and we recommend using that for unlimited usage.

We intend to eventually make pricing changes; at the moment, the $10 / mo plan does not have its usage limit enforced, and we recommend using that for unlimited usage.
No thanks. I don't have 2,500+ registrations per month.
Trust+ is only viable/reasonable for me with usage based pricing, not monthly pricing.

We currently use Stripe. PayPal is a nightmare for merchants, and while it is the standard, at this time as a small business we do not wish to implement it.

While I agree PayPal is a nightmare, Stripe also has its own issues.

While I agree PayPal is a nightmare, Stripe also has its own issues.
I agree with you there, but my main issue with PayPal is that they almost -always- side with the buyer in disputes and they will terminate merchants based on the number of disputes alone. Stripe defers to the banks. This caused an issue for a company that ran MMO that I was a volunteer coder for, where users did mass disputes as a form of protest against in-game changes and got them suspended from PayPal.

Considering Trust+ is a security provider, I could see false charge backs being done by malicious actors.

I agree with you there, but my main issue with PayPal is that they almost -always- side with the buyer in disputes and they will terminate merchants based on the number of disputes alone. Stripe defers to the banks. This caused an issue for a company that ran MMO that I was a volunteer coder for, where users did mass disputes as a form of protest against in-game changes and got them suspended from PayPal.

Considering Trust+ is a security provider, I could see false charge backs being done by malicious actors.

Which company was that for if I may ask?

With 100% default settings, what would you recommend as a manual approval threshold to catch a user that has been using VPNs and fake email addresses? We want to see him in moderation, not block him outright.

Any updates on this mod?
It is currently working as designed. We will be adding more functionality to it in the future. It's live on many communities, and has successfully protected sites from abusive users.

It is currently working as designed. We will be adding more functionality to it in the future.
Sorry, but my impression is that this add-on is not really going anywhere?
  • Pricing structure changes indicated 9 months ago haven't occurred, and no further communication regarding changing, or otherwise.
  • An error(bug?) from 4 months ago appears to have not been fixed or responded.
  • There's only been 1 minor functional addition in over 15 months.
Perhaps an indication of status of pricing structure, and the functionality being added and it's approx. timeframe?

Top Bottom