Truly impressed

abnvet

I just wanted to say I am loving xenforo!

I have recently converted from vb4 and although I was hesitant at first I have been having a blast learning it. I find myself having fun again and saying "what else can I change or do or play with" my members have reacted positively to it which is also a plus.

Like others there are definitely some things I am looking forward to - like custom fields, gallery, arcade and etc... but I can be patient because the quality of this product is amazing and I can only imagine what is to come for future updates.

So thank you! I am definitely a satisfied customer.......

I totally agree, such a mature product already at version 1.0.0 does indeed make for a promising future. I will be converting my vBulletin 3.8 forum as soon as the arcade and gallery can be moved over as well.

... I have been having a blast learning it. I find myself having fun again and saying "what else can I change or do or play with" my members have reacted positively to it which is also a plus..

Its a big learning curve!
Being unfamiliar to advanced php techniques like templates & object orientated (oop) Php, I'm very unsure how I would go about modifying php code in XenForo to customise it.

Can any of the XenForo programmers recommend some PHP text books / web resources that would help us understand how XenForo is but together & make the learning curve not so steep?

I would consider myself a php noob, what type of techniques are you trying. I have installed several mods now that have required template edits and by following the install instructions is was pretty easy.

I know its different for each person however I actually have found the adminCP for xenforo much easier and organized to navigate and utilize especially with the templates section.

As for modifying code I leave that to the experts or if I need something customized will pay someone.

Call out for help to the XenForo programmers:

What Php techniques (and your favourite text books!) would be useful learning to gain a better understanding how XenForo works and ultimately be able to modify the scripts to change the look & feel of the pages?

Top Bottom