Lack of interest Truly Hidden Forums?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Jaxel

Right now in the node manager, there is an option for "Display in node list"; if unselected, a node is hidden from the forum list... which is a good feature. If someone knows the URL to the node or posts within the node, they can still get to it.

However, there is an issue with this. The node isn't truly hidden. Posts in said node can still be found using the "find-new/threads" function. Posts and responses will also appear in "recent-activity" pages. If the purpose of the forum is to be hidden, then clearly its not doing it's job.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Set the node as private and then it is completely hidden to everyone except those who have explicitly been granted access.

Also to clarify, the "Display in node list" feature only stops the node from being displayed in the forum list, it's not intended to hide the node at all.

I don't want the node to be private... I want EVERYONE to be able to read and respond to the thread... but I don't want there to be any way for someone to know the thread exists, until given the direct link.

Like I said, I want a HIDDEN node, not a PRIVATE node.

Fair enough, but your post clearly reads like a criticism of the current feature, rather than a feature request :confused:

If the purpose of the forum is to be hidden, then clearly its not doing it's job.

Top Bottom