Troubleshooting slow server response

PetForums

Hi All,

I'm having issues with my server response times being really slow for my forum. It averages around 0.5 to 0.7 seconds which is way too much.

I have tried disabling my add-ons and then putting them back as it doesnt make much difference.

I enabled debug mode and the homepage came back with the following results.

Page Time: 0.5335s

Memory: 16.0853 MB (Peak: 20.9877 MB)

Queries (17, time: 0.0225s, 4.2%)

Have you any ideas what could be causing the slowdown. I noticed when loading static files and images from my server, there is hardly any response time at all.

Thanks

PS. My website is petforums . co . uk

Have you tried running MySQL optimization if you are using one? For other DB's as well optimization would speed up website if that's the bottle neck.

U website just loaded fine for me. No issues from US (East coast).

Have you tried running MySQL optimization if you are using one? For other DB's as well optimization would speed up website if that's the bottle neck.

U website just loaded fine for me. No issues from US (East coast).

Hi, Thanks for your response, the queries seemed to run quickly - Queries (17, time: 0.0225s, 4.2%)

I was just wondering how you could find out what was taking so long for the page time to be 0.5335 seconds.

I'm not sure but I think it could be caused by all the css files actually being .php files instead of just css. So possibly the server response is slow because the css cannot be cached and the css.php script has to be run several times on each page load which is going to slow down the server response.

Your site is reasonably fast here as well, considering it's coming from across the ocean to Los Angeles. I'm not seeing any issues at all.

Top Bottom