XF 1.2 Trouble with moving website

Saeed

Hi, everyone! :)

I needed some help with my forums.

Previously, my forums were installed at board.domain1.com. The server hosting them was running IIS 7, for which I had to upload a web.config.php file as well. This was XenForo version 1.2.3.

I now need to move my forums to domain2.com. This hosting server runs on cPanel. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the live old installation, but do have a copy of the files as well as the database. However, I am facing trouble having them correctly installed.

The error I get is:
An exception occurred: Access denied for user 'akualum_root'@'localhost' to database 'akualum_xenakuaana' in /home/akualum/public_html/board.akuaana.org/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 333
  1. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315
  2. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in XenForo/Application.php at line 684
  3. XenForo_Application->loadDb()
  4. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 921
  5. XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 952
  6. XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1336
  7. XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Error.php at line 52
  8. XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 363
  9. XenForo_Application::handleException()
My understanding is that this would normally mean that the credentials in my config.php are incorrectly entered. However, I have double checked them, and even created a user with the credentials mentioned in my config.php file a couple of times, without any success. I am at a bit of loss as to what I'm doing wrong.

Just to add, the username at my old II7 installation was 'root', whereas any username I create in cPanel must start with the cPanel username 'akualum', e.g. akualum_xenforo.

Could someone please shed some light as to what may be the trouble?

Best regards

Hi, everyone! :)

Just to add, the username at my old II7 installation was 'root', whereas any username I create in cPanel must start with the cPanel username 'akualum', e.g. akualum_xenforo.

Could someone please shed some light as to what may be the trouble?

Best regards

You should create a new db and db user/password at the new host, and make sure to give the user full permissions to the db. Because it looked to me that you are still using the old db details from the old host.

Have you granted the user full permissions for the database?

You should create a new db and db user/password at the new host, and make sure to give the user full permissions to the db. Because it looked to me that you are still using the old db details from the old host.
Thank you very much for the response, guys. :)

It turned out that the credentials provided contained a "space" that was causing all the trouble.

Top Bottom