1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Trouble installing addons.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by seneca, Dec 5, 2011.

1. seneca

seneca Member

I'm having problems getting TaigaChat installed. From "Install New Add On" I click browse and find addon-TaigaChat.xml, hit "install" and I get
    I've uploaded twice.

I've successfully installed a different addon, though I can't remember how I did it. Beginner's luck? And there's something else I'm having the same problems with.

2. principia

principia Well-Known Member

did you uploaded the files via ftp to your server?

3. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Did you upload contents of upload folder to forum root through FTP or File Manager?

4. seneca

seneca Member

Yup, through filezilla, forum root? I stuck it in the xenforo folder? :confused:

5. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Did you upload the contents of the "Upload" folder? You need to open the Upload directory in the .zip, select all files in there and drag & drop to FTP.

6. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

05-12-2011 19-58-50.png 05-12-2011 20-00-23.png

Fuhrmann likes this.
  7. seneca

seneca Member

Ok, did that, still can't get it.

8. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Is there a possibility you could Private Message me your FTP details? I would like to check on this.

9. seneca

seneca Member

I still need help. Andrej reuploaded for me and I tried again. Same thing.

10. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

You should upload the add ons folder preserving the structure aqnd then import the xml folder.

What error/s are you getting?

11. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

The first post pretty much says it:
    And the add-ons folders are preserving the structure, as I uploaded them like I would always do. I checked up on the FTP, and the files structure seems to be okay.

borbole likes this.
  12. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Maybe it is a problem with that particular add on then. It would be better if you guys reported this at its thread.

13. seneca

seneca Member

:D I did. I'm getting ignored over there.

14. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

move to TaigaChat thread ?

15. seneca

seneca Member

Like I said, I had posted there earlier and was getting ignored. :) Andrej uploaded from his, which is working fine for him, and I'm having trouble with Forumrunner also, so I'm thinking this is operator error and not any issue with the add on. :cool:

Digital Doctor likes this.