trophy system question

Hi

can i set permissions using the trophy system?
For example, if a user has made 10 contributions / topics, only then can he start or receive conversations.

Thanks for your answer :)

I do not understand that completely.
did I formulate my question incorrectly?
can i use the trophies to control the permissions in the forum?
No, you use promotions to do that. A promotion lets you add a group to a user based on them achieving certain criteria, like a certain number of posts. The new group adds the new permissions. For instance, in your case, you would create a group with the necessary conversation permissions (say, Conversationalist), then create a User Group Promotion to add that group to the user based on number of posts. User Groups and User Group Promotions are both found under Groups and Permissions in the Admin Control Panel.

No, you use promotions to do that. A promotion lets you add a group to a user based on them achieving certain criteria, like a certain number of posts. The new group adds the new permissions. For instance, in your case, you would create a group with the necessary conversation permissions (say, Conversationalist), then create a User Group Promotion to add that group to the user based on number of posts. User Groups and User Group Promotions are both found under Groups and Permissions in the Admin Control Panel.
thank you :)

do members get a message when their status changes?

Top Bottom