1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Trophy for every Nth post?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by aculate, Apr 11, 2014.

1. aculate

aculate Well-Known Member

I have a small community and I want to award trophies for every 100 posts. Let's say 1 point for every 100 posts. I've tested the trophy system and I don't see how I can go about. I believe that I have to create a trophy for 100, 200, 300, 400, and so on.
    I have users who wrote around 8000 posts, so that means I have to create around 80 rules.
    Is there a way to give trophies for every N posts? If not, is there a resource that can do just that?

ARSamo likes this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

aculate likes this.
  3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I took a different approach to this. Rather than awarding a trophy for every X posts, I award them at specific post counts. Initially the post count jumps are quite small and then get larger, as do the trophy point values.

1 - 1 point
    5 - 5 points
    10 - 10 points
    25 - 15 points
    50 - 20 points
    100 - 30 points
    250 - 40 points
    500 - 50 points
    1000 - 60 points
    2000 - 70 points
    3000 - 80 points
    4000 - 90 points
    5000 - 100 points
    6000 - 110 points
    7000 - 120 points
    8000 - 130 points
    9000 - 140 points
    10000 - 150 points

I figured that those who are likely to achieve the higher post counts are more prolific posters, so rather than frequently spam them with trophies they have to work a little harder to get them and then get more of a sense of achievement when they do. Also each trophy has a unique title.
    aculate likes this.
  4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Member

Hi, Martok, we want to do the exact same thing on our forum. How did you execute this? I already set up the trophy system and I don't recall an ability to award a trophy for post counts. Any help would be great, thanks!
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You can award trophies based on post counts, it's a standard feature built in to Xenforo.

When creating a trophy, in Award This Trophy if... just set the condition User has posted at least X messages as appropriate for each trophy.
  6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Member

Okay, thank you, Martok. Yes, it's there I just overlooked it. :p