XF 2.1 Trophies "Reward Trophies" question

bryanb

Hi all,

I am setting up a trophy that is set up for users who meet certain criteria that is not listed anywhere - it is one that we award manually.

I can add the user names here:

reward trophies.PNG

And they are awarded the trophy, no problem.

Or I can list them here in the criteria section:

users2.PNG

That works as well.

My question is this - how do I remove a trophy once it is given? I can simply remove the user name from the criteria section - that works, but if I add the user name to the "Reward Trophy" field, they aren't anywhere to be found to edit. Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
Perhaps to put this in simpler terms - how do I remove trophies from a user's account?

It's generally not possible to remove a trophy from a user short of deleting the trophy or through an add-on, regardless of how the user has received the trophy. Once earned, trophies aren't re-evaluated, so even if you removed a user from the "Specific user" criterion, they'd still keep the trophy.

Thanks, but this really defeats the purpose of creating trophies/badges that are temporary, or that rotate. This trophy system would be perfect if it wasn't for that.

I guess I need to look for plugin. :p

that "sucks".... so the only way is just removing the Trophy.... Could be possible to get a budget to get some tool to manage this?
  • Allow to remove trophies from a certain User or just applying some Criteria to redo trophies.
  • Rebuild Trophies if some trophy criteria is changed ( removing existing users with this trophy and recalculating again )

@bryanb @Peremr I have a solution for you.

Trophies and Custom User Fields can work together.

Let's use the example of Reward Trophy 1, Reward Trophy 2, Reward Trophy 3, and Reward Trophy 4 (for helping out other users).

1. Set Up a Custom User Field. So ACP > Users > Custom User Fields.
2. Create a field that ONLY mods and admins can edit, lets say a check box for ease of use.
3. Create the check box calling it "Reward Trophys" and give it 4 options "Trophy 1", "Trophy 2", "Trophy 3" and "Trophy 4".
4. Save this and then go to ACP > Users > Trophies.
5. Create 4 x new trophies granted on User Field Criteria for "Reward Trophy", and based on check box choice.
6. Have moderators/admins apply check box to user account for each trophy you want to grant them.

Effectively endless possibilities and set the Trophy Points to "0" so they are manually added.

Top Bottom