[TRN] Discussion Preview [Deleted]

I love this for including previews of photos on our site. It's a fantastic add-on, thank you! :)

I also have a feature request. We have a large number of videos embedded on our site. Would you consider adding a preview for videos (such as YouTube)?

Thanks @PrettyPixels I'm so happy to hear that. ;)

Your suggestion sounds like a nice feature indeed. I'll investigate it further. Thanks!

@farang, your attitude is rude and ridiculous.
I've paid for this addon and I'm not receiving updates. so, please send me the update or the link to download it as Chris suggest. is all I want.
I'll send you a new email via pm also.
Thanks for understanding :r
Hello @farang I'm still waiting to solve this issue,
Please, give me the zip with the latest update and also update my email (sent via pm) on fetchapp to keep receiving the updates automatically.
Thank you.
--
Edit: Solved via moderation ✔

Last edited:
Hello @farang , this is a great add-on. Love the versatile options. (y)

I have a big feature request... and would be open to contributing $$ to it.

Would you consider extending the add-on so the discussion previews will also appear on search / tag result pages in XF?

I truly believe that will make XF search more fun, compelling and useful because default XF search results and excerpt are unappealing IMO.

Hello @farang , this is a great add-on. Love the versatile options. (y)

I have a big feature request... and would be open to contributing $$ to it.

Would you consider extending the add-on so the discussion previews will also appear on search / tag result pages in XF?

I truly believe that will make XF search more fun, compelling and useful because default XF search results and excerpt are unappealing IMO.

Thank You and I think Your site looks great! I'll send You a personal message.

This add-on also introduces a user option so that individual users can opt out from having discussion previews.
Hi there, does this mean a user can select not to see the previews and they will then see the original normal threads before this was installed? Is this option done from their profile page? Thanks.

Hi there, does this mean a user can select not to see the previews and they will then see the original normal threads before this was installed? Is this option done from their profile page? Thanks.

If a user opts out from having discussion previews, he will not see them. For her/him it should look just as if the add-on wasn't installed. The option can be set in the user profile->preferences.

farang updated [fgX] Discussion Preview with a new update entry:

Version 3.9.0 released

New features in version 3.9.0
  • Option to display discussion previews also in search results (including tag searches)
Note: If You like to show discussion previews for search results, bear in mind that when using the XenForo quick search (as opposed to using the advanced search form), XenForo will by default present search results as mixed posts and threads. This add-on works only for threads, not for single posts. Therefore if activating discussion previews for search...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have taken over this add-on as of March 2, 2017. The file is now on Tux Reports. License holders should make an account on Tux Reports and send me a PM with the new account name so that I can transfer a new license for any updates.

Last edited:
Actually no, not making an account on Tux Reports, if you want continued support do it here or goodbye.

Actually no, not making an account on Tux Reports, if you want continued support do it here or goodbye.

I'm not sure why this is an issue. The site is designed for the purpose of helping. The file updates will be on there so people need an account to retrieve it. This is common practice. There is nothing nefarious.

Maybe you could explain your objection so I know why it's a problem.

It's fine for me to register there to get the latest versions - this is common for more add-on developers.
But I would expect written support here on xenforo.com (as you do it already). I cannot and will not visit more different sites on a regulary basis to follow discussions.

Anyway, while visiting your site I've found few more add-ons I may be interested in ;)

Reactions: LPH
It's fine for me to register there to get the latest versions - this is common for more add-on developers.
But I would expect written support here on xenforo.com (as you do it already). I cannot and will not visit more different sites on a regulary basis to follow discussions.

Anyway, while visiting your site I've found few more add-ons I may be interested in ;)

Thank you. I agree. As a customer of a few add-ons, I prefer the fastest way to get answers.

Great news about finding other add-ons.

I'm not sure why this is an issue. The site is designed for the purpose of helping. The file updates will be on there so people need an account to retrieve it. This is common practice. There is nothing nefarious.

Maybe you could explain your objection so I know why it's a problem.
When I brought the addon it was downloaded and supported here, if a developer's too lazy or can't be bothered having it here then I don't bother with them, simple as that.

Great add on. Some really good customisability.

Feature Request: Also include YouTube thumbnails in places where normal image thumbnails would appear.

I just bought this, I was expecting a per forum configuration, instead I had to use the same config for all the nodes.
I can only exclude some nodes but not configuring them in a different way. @LPH do you think that this will be something you can add?

Top Bottom