[TRN] Discussion Preview [Deleted]

If this has been answered then sorry :)

Is there anyway to stop images showing in the preview? I'm a fan of this add on but I don't like the images showing, a couple of members of my site have said the same

Yes. You can do that globally, affecting all users by setting "Preview Images" to "Disabled" in ACP -> Options -> [fgX] Discussion Preview

There is also a user option so that individual users can opt out from discussion previews. There is however no user option to only opt out from previewing images specifically.

Yes. You can do that globally, affecting all users by setting "Preview Images" to "Disabled" in ACP -> Options -> [fgX] Discussion Preview

There is also a user option so that individual users can opt out from discussion previews. There is however no user option to only opt out from previewing images specifically.

In add-on options set Preview images to Disabled.

Thanks chaps - Clearly I missed it. I wont have a pint{s} before looking next time

farang updated [fgX] Discussion Preview with a new update entry:

Version 3.8.0 released

New features in version 3.8.0
  • Option to display a Reply Link for each previewed post. Replying will quote the previewed post.
  • Option to display a Like Link for each previewed post.
(After installing or upgrading to this version, if You want to activate the new features, go to the add-on options ACP=>Options=>[fgX] Discussion Preview)

Fixed in version 3.8.0

• Some small changes aimed for optimization.
Please remember to rate and review this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I liked this AO personally but the vast majority of my members hate it. Especially the phone users. What I DONT like about it is that the AO doesn't show up in the list of Installed Add-ons only in the Options, and I cannot figure out how to completely disable it and better yet how to uninstall it since it doesn't appear in the Installed Add-on list. How do I uninstall this AO? I can't fins instructions anywhere including the readme file.

Edit: Never mind I found it way down at the bottom and uninstalled it.

I'm not receiving updates or I can't find those emails. I've sent a private message with more info and my PP account, please check.

I liked this AO personally but the vast majority of my members hate it. Especially the phone users. What I DONT like about it is that the AO doesn't show up in the list of Installed Add-ons only in the Options, and I cannot figure out how to completely disable it and better yet how to uninstall it since it doesn't appear in the Installed Add-on list. How do I uninstall this AO? I can't fins instructions anywhere including the readme file.

Edit: Never mind I found it way down at the bottom and uninstalled it.

Yes, this add-on certainly gets listed among the other add-ons. The uninstall and the disable procedure are the same as for other add-ons. There is also the possibility to set a different length or disable it for certain screen widths (e.g. your phone users) using the option "Discussion Preview Length (Narrow width)".

As You probably already know, each user can also disable it in their profile settings.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I'm not receiving updates or I can't find those emails. I've sent a private message with more info and my PP account, please check.
I'm sorry but I have no recent conversation in my inbox. Fetchapp says that the update e-mails sent to you are stopped because of "hard bounce" or a "spam complaint".

Hi all. I need to spend 10 days away from home and during that time I will have very limited resources to answer support questions. Thanks for understanding.

Cheers! ;)

That simply don't have sense. because I'm receiving updates normally of other addons of other developers via fetchapp absolutely perfect.

instead run away for 10 days is not a big deal create a conversation and attach the update or request a new email. it took just seconds.

That arrogant attitude with your customers is not cool.

That simply don't have sense. because I'm receiving updates normally of other addons of other developers via fetchapp absolutely perfect.

instead run away for 10 days is not a big deal create a conversation and attach the update or request a new email. it took just seconds.

That arrogant attitude with your customers is not cool.

You are not cool @rafass.
rassaff.webp

I now kindly ask the staff at XF to stop your harassment and ban you from this thread.

To be clear, we deleted an earlier review which seemed to be criticising things that were not relevant to the add-on itself, ....

Dear Chris D, please can you ban @rafass from this thread? He is back again and his mission is the same as before, he is a troll and he hates me.

I don't see that rafass has done anything wrong in this case.

It's worth noting that FetchApp isn't exactly the most reliable when it comes to sending emails.

I propose to you both that it isn't worth either of you wasting your time on this and instead you work together to ensure your customer gets the update to the product he paid for.

FetchApp has a "Customer View" button, that is the link that gets sent by email. If you send that link to rafass, problem solved, and you can both go about enjoying your day :)

I love this for including previews of photos on our site. It's a fantastic add-on, thank you! :)

I also have a feature request. We have a large number of videos embedded on our site. Would you consider adding a preview for videos (such as YouTube)?

Top Bottom