Trending Content [Unsupported]

Trending Content [Unsupported] [Paid] 3.0.0 Beta 5

No permission to buy (£20.00)
Bought it yesterday and it does everything we could wish for.

The only one thing I would love to see in the future is an indicator, bold text, for threads with unread posts in them.

To use the sidebar widget, bd widget framework is required. If you don't need the sidebar widget, everything else (tab and the full page trending topics page) will work without any additional add ons.

Reactions: Bob
It doesn't but if you adjust the options in the screenshot you can get more recent content. Also due to the algorithm, newer threads are favored. I realize that isn't exactly what you're wanting though.

Oh, I thought you meant this as a feature request. I have to create it, I was just saying yes like it's possible for me to add it and I'll be developing it ;)
Sorry, I should've been more precise. Very much looking forward to that feature. I would like to display the trending content together with Wordpress which is very easy once a feed is available. Thanks!

The most recent reply being in the last x hours is a lot more likely and wouldn't be too difficult.
We kind of have that already with the Latest widget in the framework. But if you're not constantly tracking that you wouldn't know that a thread was being replied to over and over. That why I was looking for something to that would show hot/popular/trending threads that have been replied to x/multiple amounts of times over a period of time.

Currently the algorithm uses number of replies per hour since thread start date. So theoretically, it is accomplishing a similar thing. I'm really not trying to log views for each post (every time the thread is loaded adds +1 to the post_view count for each post on the page) so I don't see views happening. I can add a limit for "most recent post within past x hours" though.

Top Bottom