Not a bug  Transparent Avatars seem even worse now...

Dragapult

As a test, I wanted to see if transparent Avatars were supported yet on xenForo. So I re-uploaded my Avatar, with no modifications, and now it seems even more pixelated and fuzzier than before.

Has xenForo changed the way it handles transparent images? I believe it was using ImageMagick before?

Hmm... Interesting. Anyway, I went ahead and added a white background to my Avatar and turned off PNG transparency and it seems to have cleaned it up a bit.

Your avatar is very tiny, so it's being scaled up, which isn't going to help things. (We recommend a 200x200 image.)Given that you've change it, I can't see how it looked before though.

Your avatar is very tiny, so it's being scaled up, which isn't going to help things. (We recommend a 200x200 image.)Given that you've change it, I can't see how it looked before though.
Yeah, I actually tried doing a 200×200 version of it and it did look a bit better. But I did notice that smaller thumbnails do look a bit more pixelated than before, probably due to some of the changes that were made.

Top Bottom