Transitioning to X from Twitter

If I could "strip" the crap that is Twitter/X/Musk fantasy from all aspects of the site.. I would gladly do so.
The ONLY place I'm still "digging for" is the Share buttons of the site.. and I'm sure it's simply a template that I haven't dove deep enough into yet.

If I could "strip" the crap that is Twitter/X/Musk fantasy from all aspects of the site.. I would gladly do so.
The ONLY place I'm still "digging for" is the Share buttons of the site.. and I'm sure it's simply a template that I haven't dove deep enough into yet.
It’s an option

IMG_8550.webp

Not too many variants that would make sense but share and Twitter both bring it up.
But by it's very content you showed that CLEARY stated "sharing".. sharing, as I showed as a search term, did not show anything pertinent.
The fact still remains.. That option is DISABLED (as shown in the above image) but it STILL shows where I noted.

I think they are links to your socials rather than our sharing functionality which shares the current page.

They’ll be implemented in whatever style you use, it isn’t default functionality.

I think they are links to your socials rather than our sharing functionality which shares the current page.

They’ll be implemented in whatever style you use, it isn’t default functionality.
Yep... seems that you HAVE to do a search specifically on Twitter to find it.. and yet one MORE example of why one should keep a XF Default style available to test against immediately instead of needing to spin one up to test against..

Twitter/X joins the life line of the dodo.

Screen Shot 2023-08-06 at 8.02.14 AM.png

Yes I've stopped using Twitter ever since it was rebranded to X. Totally dumb.
Well I wouldn't stop using something because of a rebrand (dumb or not) I'd stop using it for other reasons such is it no longer being so good, or an intense loathing of its owner, or some other reason I can't remember.

But if the share icon is useful for the site then I'd keep that and although people may forever think of it as Twitter, might as well stay up to date...

What's dumb about it is all the unnecessary changes Elon Musk has done.
Put that to how people use this software and you will find not many people joining it.
There's a lesson that some of us need to learn. Some of us will get it, the others that don't will think that it's stupid...

Yep... seems that you HAVE to do a search specifically on Twitter to find it.. and yet one MORE example of why one should keep a XF Default style available to test against immediately instead of needing to spin one up to test against..

Twitter/X joins the life line of the dodo.

View attachment 289533

Those specific ones are in our styles. Style properties -> Basic options, you can remove the twitter account there if you want to hide it.

In the words of Cartman, Twitter, can suck my balls.

Suspended, no reason given:

Attachments

• image_2023-08-27_183542862.webp
    image_2023-08-27_183542862.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 23
Top Bottom