Transfering to new host?

dothejon

If i transfer to a new host how would i be able to transfer my borad to the new host without losing anything that i already have done to the site?

Yes. Make the board inactive. Backup the database and file system.. the setup both the old DB and Filesystem (the ones you just backed up) on the new host, then point your domain name to the new host. You should be all set then. Once it's up and running on the new host you'll be able to make the board active again and you should be all set.

Yes. Make the board inactive. Backup the database and file system.. the setup both the old DB and Filesystem (the ones you just backed up) on the new host, then point your domain name to the new host. You should be all set then. Once it's up and running on the new host you'll be able to make the board active again and you should be all set.
how would i do the backup? is that through the ftp or the admin panel

many times your web host will offer free transfer.

If you are using cpanel as your control panel you can look for whats called "BackUp"

You will want a database SQL backup and a home directory backup.

You could also look to hire someone for the transfer if you are uncomfortable with it. But you should every week or two make your own backup and save it to your computer so if anything happens to your forum you are have a recent backup.

Top Bottom