Transfering license ownership

Is there a way to transfer license ownership from one account to another? It's an expired license, we are trying to separate the license and hosting from the previous account holder and set everything up under a different account and hosting. Is this a possiblity without any data loss? Can we just:

1. Move the site to a different hosting provider
2. Purchase a new Xenforo license and activate the licene on the moved site?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, that's possible.

You will need to upload the files from the new license to overwrite the existing license files but it won't remove any content or affect the site.

If the current license holder is cooperative, they can renew the license and request a transfer to you.

Thank you, Brogan. On an unrelated note, regarding the complication we are facing with the current account and separation of licenses, is there a way for you to expedite the username change of this account? The system says I cannot change it back until Aug 6, can you make this name change for us? That would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, that's possible.

You will need to upload the files from the new license to overwrite the existing license files but it won't remove any content or affect the site.

If the current license holder is cooperative, they can renew the license and request a transfer to you.
That's what my friend and I did. I renewed mine, he renewed his. We transferred each others.

He had no use for XFRM, so he renewed it and gave it to me, I only have base & MG so I gave that to him. Now I have both official addons.

I mean . . . we are co-owning both of the sites, so it felt fine.

submit a ticket requesting a transfer
@Brogan, we just purchased an extension for the license we would like to renew. By submitting a ticket, did you mean to send a PM, or is there a different ticket system for such requests? Or did you mean to submit a public post here in the forum? Can you please clarify?

Also, these three add-ons were included in the license (attached screenshot) but I couldn't find a way on the website to renew and extend their license. Is the $95 extension covering these add-ons as well?

Please advise.

Attachments

• add-ons.webp
    add-ons.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 11
Also, these three add-ons were included in the license (attached screenshot) but I couldn't find a way on the website to renew and extend their license. Is the $95 extension covering these add-ons as well?
Since this part of your question was not answered, and others may have the same question in the future.... yes, the renewal price is inclusive of ALL 1st party add-ons. They are tied to the base license and are added on to the base XF renewal price.

Top Bottom