TPU: Detect and Block Spam Registrations

TPU: Detect and Block Spam Registrations 1.6.6

No permission to download
We're getting an error, I traced it to `origin.asn.cymru.com`. This server is not responding. Is there a back up server to use, or should I just disable the plugin until they fix their server issues?

Attachments

• LS registration.webp
    LS registration.webp
    90.3 KB · Views: 10
Awesome, thanks for the quick response! Any chance of updating the version here so that others can easily find this update? I checked the update date earlier today, and would have tried that first if I'd seen an update. Thanks again!

Quick question.

This add-on along with tenant's StopHumanSpam have been one of our best tools to reduce the number of spam getting through to a minimum.

Seeing W1zzard hasn't updated this in a while, I wonder what's the fate with this? Will it be updated for XF2?

I see @Xon has been replying here, is there hope he can pick up on the development for XF2 if W1zzard doesn't? That would be great, knowing Xon's high quality addons.

Anyone else receiving "ErrorException: Undefined variable: dns - library/TPUDetectSpamReg/AS.php:40" error logs even after using @Xon 's 1.6.6 version?

Anyone else receiving "ErrorException: Undefined variable: dns - library/TPUDetectSpamReg/AS.php:40" error logs even after using @Xon 's 1.6.6 version?
Can you grab the lines around line 40 and the function name?

If the function name isn't getASNameAndNumber_cymru and the 1st line " $dns = null;" I'ld recommend grabbing the latest master as you have an old copy.

After using this add-on for the past few weeks, I have something to say:

This is the single most effective anti-spam solution that I have tried. Since installing this add-on (and using it in conjuction with @tenants StopHumanSpam), not a single piece of spam has made it onto my forum. Not one.

If @W1zzard has truly abandoned this, I sincerely hope that someone else takes it over. It really works, and I (like many others) would be willing to pay money for this.

Updated version 1.6.6 posted.

Sorry for not posting this earlier, I could swear I posted it here.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere. Any plans to offer this addon for XF2? It's my most important addon for XF1, and the built in options in XF2 aren't good enough.

Top Bottom