TPU: Detect and Block Spam Registrations

TPU: Detect and Block Spam Registrations 1.6.6

No permission to download
Me 2 and all the users don't get registered.

Well, that's a problem. I ddn't notice that myself.

@W1zzard - could you have a look at the "Undefined variable: dns - library/TPUDetectSpamReg/AS.php:40" reports we seem to be receving? They seem to pop up around the same time for most of us, oddly enough :)

Major showstopper if it keeps users from being able to register.

Today another issue with the dns.
3 People are rejected because of this.

Oh dear. Are you sure that they are rejected? What does it look like on their end? Did you try and contact anyone who was logged in the log, and double check if they really couldn't register?

I had the impression that this DNS error didn't affect the registration process, but maybe it does.

The 3, who are in the error log, don't appear as new users.
Not awaiting email confirmation or something else. No trace of them others than the error log.

So i assume the registration was rejected.
But others with the same email providers, gmail.com, went through at the same time.

Trying to install this on 1.4.1 - getting this error:

Callback TPUDetectSpamReg_Listener::listenController is invalid (Invalid Class).

Can anybody please help resolve this?

Trying to install this on 1.4.1 - getting this error:

Callback TPUDetectSpamReg_Listener::listenController is invalid (Invalid Class).

Can anybody please help resolve this?
Try upload manual not with add-on auto install & upgrade or something like that.

I finally got around to reinstalling this. Does anyone have a good settings screenshot they'd be willing to share? I know there are a lot of custom designs on how to block.

Quick and dirty fix in library/TPUDetectSpamReg/AS.php

static function getRegSpamScore(&$score, array $user, $verbose, $debug, $model)
{
$o=XenForo_Application::getOptions();

// if (trim($o->TPUDetectSpamRegAS)!='')
if (false)

Or , alternatively and without touching the code, you completely empty the "AS name" list in the settings

Let me know if it solves you problem,
I've edited the code because I needed a quickfix (i've got many registrationper hour), but now that I'm reading it, emptying the settings of "AS" should suffice

I've edited the code because I needed a quickfix (i've got many registrationper hour), but now that I'm reading it, emptying the settings of "AS" should suffice

I cleared the list with all of the AS entries. I'll get back to you if it doesn't work, but so far so good : )

Thanks!

I cleared the list with all of the AS entries. I'll get back to you if it doesn't work, but so far so good : )

Thanks!
This uses an alternative API; https://github.com/Xon/XenForo_TPUDetectSpamReg/archive/asn_lookup.zip And provides options to enable/disable team cymru. If team cymru is completely dead, I'll release an update which removes it next week or so.

I've send a pull request to @W1zzard with these changes.

Zero DNS errors and about 20+ user registrations since I cleared the AS list.

Also no problems with spam registrations thus far.

Top Bottom