TPU: Detect and Block Spam Registrations

TPU: Detect and Block Spam Registrations 1.6.6

No permission to download
Quick question: why does it seem like "Registration Log" tab in the user account information in ACP disappears after a while?

The records are not stored indefinitely? Only for members who have registered in the past X days...

Where is the time limit for purge set in the options?

Quick question: why does it seem like "Registration Log" tab in the user account information in ACP disappears after a while?

The records are not stored indefinitely? Only for members who have registered in the past X days...

Where is the time limit for purge set in the options?
I use my Spam Log Prune Config add-on to ensure the information used in the "Registration Log" tab stays around.

I really really wish this would work and detect the country code. Willing to contribute for this fix.

capture2446.jpg

Which directory I upload the files from the "upload" folder from download? Give exact path. Also require proper installation instructions.

Last edited:
Can anyone assist me with this issue? thanks in advance

Error Info

ErrorException: Undefined variable: dns - library/TPUDetectSpamReg/AS.php:40
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 1:07 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ga/public_html/library/TPUDetectSpamReg/AS.php(40): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/ga/...', 40, Array)
#1 /home/ga/public_html/library/TPUDetectSpamReg/AS.php(79): TPUDetectSpamReg_AS::getASNameAndNumber('68.131.27.36', NULL, NULL)
#2 [internal function]: TPUDetectSpamReg_AS::getRegSpamScore(Array, Array, '1', '0', Object(TPUDetectSpamReg_ModelSpamPrevention))
#3 /home/ga/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(90): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /home/ga/public_html/library/TPUDetectSpamReg/ModelSpamPrevention.php(67): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('tpu_detect_spam...', Array)
#5 /home/ga/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(1426): TPUDetectSpamReg_ModelSpamPrevention->allowRegistration(Array, Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#6 /home/ga/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(401): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->_runSpamCheck(Object(DBTech_Credits_XenForo_DataWriter_User), Array)
#7 /home/ga/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#8 /home/ga/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/ga/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}

If we use Cloudflare, can we not use this option with this add-on for quickest retrieval of country code?

IP Geolocation
Include the country code of the visitor location with all requests to your website.

Note: You must retrieve the IP Geolocation information from the CF-IPCountry HTTP header.

Can anyone assist me with this issue? thanks in advance

Error Info

ErrorException: Undefined variable: dns - library/TPUDetectSpamReg/AS.php:40
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 1:07 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ga/public_html/library/TPUDetectSpamReg/AS.php(40): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/ga/...', 40, Array)
#1 /home/ga/public_html/library/TPUDetectSpamReg/AS.php(79): TPUDetectSpamReg_AS::getASNameAndNumber('68.131.27.36', NULL, NULL)
#2 [internal function]: TPUDetectSpamReg_AS::getRegSpamScore(Array, Array, '1', '0', Object(TPUDetectSpamReg_ModelSpamPrevention))
#3 /home/ga/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(90): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /home/ga/public_html/library/TPUDetectSpamReg/ModelSpamPrevention.php(67): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('tpu_detect_spam...', Array)
#5 /home/ga/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(1426): TPUDetectSpamReg_ModelSpamPrevention->allowRegistration(Array, Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#6 /home/ga/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(401): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->_runSpamCheck(Object(DBTech_Credits_XenForo_DataWriter_User), Array)
#7 /home/ga/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#8 /home/ga/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/ga/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}

Just received a couple of these again today.

Are there any security-sensitive PHP functions that are required for the country code detect? I have some functions like curl and exec and a few others blocked (recommended to secure server). Could that be my problem? I don't understand why mine always returns XX even though I can often see the country code in the log.

Top Bottom