• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

total customized homepage

dotgarden

Hi, I'm hoping to have a total custom homepage built... How would I do this? It could be a php page, or something... is there a module or addon that already can do this? I took a quick look at xenporta, but it still looks very forum-ish, and I am not certain it can pull the first picture from the latest post in a specified forum...

Anyway, looking for ideas, etc.

My client site is currently running vb 3.7x and I'm thinking of moving them over to xenforo.

I'm attaching a basic idea of what we want. How is this possible? Their main website is built using Expression Engine, and I can create a template and use php to call the first image in the latest post in a certain forum? Using php?

Sorry this sounds so.... like I don't knwo what i am talking about. I'm a project manager... trying to figure out who to put on the job (or looking for a very good freelancer to help me with this project). I have php folks I work with already -- do you really need to know xenforo super well to be able to do this?

Point me in the right direction folks! Thanks so much.

Attachments

• homepage.webp
    homepage.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 50
Can anyone help me understand how to use an external page as a custom home page? Rearranging info, like the image above shows?

You will need an add-on to achieve that, as it will need to pull data from the forums, threads, etc.

Essentially you want a portal which is tailored to your needs.

Yeah. That's what I want. Does someone need specific knowledge of xenforo to accomplish this, or is standard php knowledge enough?

Top Bottom