Add-on Torrent Tracker

iamjudd

There were some old posts that didn't seem to go anywhere so I thought it should hopefully be fine to post this.

Would be really nice to have a torrent tracker addon or someway to implement it with resource manager as long as it could still tracker seeds/ratio etc...

Before anyone brings up arguments about piracy I would like to note that torrents can and are used for legitimate purposes to provide files to people. Much more efficient way to download than direct file transfers.

Great example of torrents being used in a legitimate way:
https://bundles.bittorrent.com/

I know that there were a few options for vBulletin like vbitty

I know there definitely has to be many others that would like this sort of feature and be worth making.

So users should seed the resource to other peers? I can't really find a good purpose for it (note that I'm not saying it's a bad idea), so could you please give an example?

Yes, Torrents are used for legitimate things everywhere. We've used them privately to send files to eachother through the OpenBittorrent tracker a long time ago. Torrents can be used for illegal activity, but regular downloads from the internet can too.

Working on torrent tracker for xenforo. Made one before for vbulletin 4 as well.

1) Uses XBT Tracker as Backend. (require gcc 4.7+ and boost 1.54+)
2) PHP 5.3.x or greater

Regards

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    34 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 164
This looks exactly what my xenforo community is crying out for. It looks some way forward... could you please give any indication of how far ahead you are with this?

Can't wait for this one.

Thanks!

Was busy with some personal works, will finish the addon in next 5-7 days.

Bonus is gained by seeding the torrents. User gets 0.2 points for 30 mins of seeding. User can use bonus points to increase their ratio. In future, i will add option to redeem AD or ******* credits aswell.

It will be a paid addon and will give free installation service (incl XBT Tracker and XenTorrent) for 1st 50 customers.

Regards
Aayush

Was busy with some personal works, will finish the addon in next 5-7 days.

Bonus is gained by seeding the torrents. User gets 0.2 points for 30 mins of seeding. User can use bonus points to increase their ratio. In future, i will add option to redeem AD or ******* credits aswell.

It will be a paid addon and will give free installation service (incl XBT Tracker and XenTorrent) for 1st 50 customers.

Regards
Aayush
How much will this add-on cost?

Thanks

Top Bottom