1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Topic of the Month addon?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by racersimage, Apr 25, 2014.

1. racersimage

racersimage Active Member

I used to have this for vBulletin. Would love to have something like it for XenForo.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=184155

I run a collecting community where members show off their collections regularly in a specific forum. In the first post of every topic in that selected forum there'd be a "Nominate" button for other users to click if they wished to nominate that topic for topic of the month. Each month, the addon would create a closed poll topic and each topic nominated within that current month would show up in the poll with the amount of nominations. At the end of the month, the topic with the most nominations would be determined topic of the month.

I could see this done a little more efficiently maybe with it's own separate page instead of a poll topic showing nominations and past winners and such but however it could be made, it'd be a welcome new addon for XenForo I'm sure, definitely for my community.

Here is the description from the vBulletin version.

2. racersimage

I would pay for this if it was a reasonable cost.

3. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

If you wanted to gage interest, you could use Brogans featured threads add-on and pick out the first number of them yourself. Not exactly the same thing, but not bad because you can decide which are interesting based on views, etc.

racersimage likes this.
  4. racersimage

I've looked at that one, and debating on using it in some form. In the most simplest way, a feature to determine the most liked topics in a months time span narrowed down to the forum they're posted in would also work.

5. Breixo

Breixo Active Member

Any update on this? What system are you using at the moment?

6. racersimage

Breixo likes this.