• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Top Threads - Sidebar

Hi, with this mod i have a problem: I can't show the top threads on forum_view and thread_view.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Hi, with this mod i have a problem: I can't show the top threads on forum_view and thread_view.

Can you help me?

Thanks!
this mod is for only forum_list template
but, u can add another listener (which is one copy of Yilmaz_TopThread_Listener_Listener file)
and u ve to edit this line
PHP:
if ($class == 'XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index')
ControllerPublic_Index --> forum_list
ControllerPublic_Thread --> thread_view
ControllerPublic_Forum --> forum_view

and, of course u ve to create Code Event Listener for each file

Anyway to add time sensitivity?

I have so many posts and the trends of when they are the top threads is more important that my one thread with 200,000 views.

i just tried to add an RSS feeder via ACP > Applications > Feeder for the first time.. it seemed to go ok, but when i clicked "Import now" next to the feed it completely borked my forum :( i suspect it's related to this (and other) add-ons, as the errors i am getting are:

Server Error

Undefined offset: 0
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Yilmaz/TopThread/Model/TTopThread.php at line 32
  2. Yilmaz_TopThread_Model_TTopThread::Yilmaz_TopThreadArray() in Yilmaz/TopThread/Controller/Public.php at line 10
  3. Yilmaz_TopThread_Controller_Public->actionIndex() in XenTrCom/TopPoster/Controller/Public.php at line 6
  4. XenTrCom_TopPoster_Controller_Public->actionIndex() in XenTrCom/TodayBirthday/Controller/Public.php at line 6
  5. XenTrCom_TodayBirthday_Controller_Public->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
i have tried deleting all RSS feeds from the admin Registered Feeds, as well as deleting the node/forum that it fed into, but i still get the above :(

can someone please help? I really need to get my forum back!

i just tried to add an RSS feeder via ACP > Applications > Feeder for the first time.. it seemed to go ok, but when i clicked "Import now" next to the feed it completely borked my forum :( i suspect it's related to this (and other) add-ons, as the errors i am getting are:

Server Error

Undefined offset: 0
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Yilmaz/TopThread/Model/TTopThread.php at line 32
  2. Yilmaz_TopThread_Model_TTopThread::Yilmaz_TopThreadArray() in Yilmaz/TopThread/Controller/Public.php at line 10
  3. Yilmaz_TopThread_Controller_Public->actionIndex() in XenTrCom/TopPoster/Controller/Public.php at line 6
  4. XenTrCom_TopPoster_Controller_Public->actionIndex() in XenTrCom/TodayBirthday/Controller/Public.php at line 6
  5. XenTrCom_TodayBirthday_Controller_Public->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
i have tried deleting all RSS feeds from the admin Registered Feeds, as well as deleting the node/forum that it fed into, but i still get the above :(

can someone please help? I really need to get my forum back!

Have you un-installed the add-on?

Have you un-installed the add-on?

brogan suggested just disabling it, and that worked, so at least my forum is back up and running :)

thing is, it worked fine before i tried to add an RSS feed via ACP > Applications > Feeder

once it broke, i deleted all XML feeds from the above screen, then deleted the node/forum that it fed into.. shouldn't this revert the xenforo installation to exactly how is was before i added the XML feed? i.e. it should have just worked again?

Did you delete the threads before deleting the node?

If not then you now have orphaned threads in the database.

Threads are not currently deleted when a node is deleted, there's an open bug report about this.

Did you delete the threads before deleting the node?

If not then you now have orphaned threads in the database.
ah, no.. is there a way i can do this via ACP, or do i need to log-on to phpmyadmin and delete the threads manually?

if so, i hope that's not too difficult/daunting :unsure:

You will have to wait for a bug fix now.

i manually deleted the threads from the database and that seems to have allowed me to re-enable the add-on and all seems fine :)

thanks for all your help, you really are a credit to xenforo (y)

You likely have other orphaned records now: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/deleting-a-forum-doesnt-delete-its-threads.9743/

You really should have waited for the bug fix.
fortunately, i have only just installed xenforo on my test domain & am in the very early "mucking about" stages, so i only had to delete about 7 threads from the xf_thread table. plus, once i have the forum looking and acting the way i want, i will drop the whole DB and import the punbb from the old forum, so hopefully i haven't done any permanent harm!

what else should i remove just to be on the safe side? or should i just leave it alone for now?

plus, once i have the forum looking and acting the way i want, i will drop the whole DB and import the punbb from the old forum
You realise by doing that you will lose everything? The style, configuration options, etc.

Only avatars and attachments are stored in the file system, everything else is in the database.

Top Bottom