Top Thread Starters [Deleted]

Eagle

This small modification will display members with highest thread Count to your forum list the sidebar and it will show the total number of threads created by your members in the sidebar. There you can set the number of your thread starters that you would like to show in the sidebar. By default it is set to 16 members. Instructions on how to install this add-on can be found in the ZIP or read all of the following steps;

Last edited:
Good idea, but we need it to be in text and not images. Not every member has an avatar.

Good suggestion and point, I agree It would be nice to see a text based option rather than just avatars. Also, not sure whether your taking on suggestions but to ask that if you entertain the text based option for it to also inherit usergroup styling (richtext) if the admin as styled usergroup markups.

@BlackThorn Regardless of that nice work. :thumbsup:

It seems a Top Thread starter is more likely to have an avatar than an average user.

I was thinking more along the lines of it being a space saver. Whilst you do make a good point sideblocks are like nav tabs they are prime areas that members fill quite quickly. Anything to minimise that is always good practice imo and as an option the admin will have a choice to pick text or avatars pending whether the OP wants to take this direction and include the suggestion in of course.

It really don't work on my board i tried doing this.
I paste the code to my PAGE_CONTAINER template
find {xen:raw $sidebar} and paste if below or above like adding a custom slidebar block but it's still not working.

Any suggestions to get it to work with xenporta? Putting it in forum_list has it working on index page however, the portal page does not display such.

Just a note that if this is installed, your site will error-out and not load...

Clearly needs an update for 1.2.

Just installed this then had to un-install it because the exclude members and groups wouldn't work.

doesnt work for me. Addon is installed on xenforo 1.2,
<xen:include template="bt_top_thread_starters" /> was added to forum_list template, but nothing shows up...

@Gobee129 Well I'd guess probably you're using Widget Framework add-on. Then take the following steps;

Admin -> Appearance -> Widget Framework -> Add Widget
Renderer: [Advanced] Template (without wrapper)
Template: bt_top_thread_starters
Title: Top Thread Starters
Position: forum_list
works, thank you ;)

@BlackThorn Hey there,

since I am very happy with your addon, I wanted to ask if it's possible to display the amount of threads each user has in the user info box? on every post, the user infobox shows avatar, username, title, banner, maount of posts, likes etc.

is it possible to get the thread count, that is displayed on your top thread starter sidebox, displayed in the userbox, and also the profile?

thx ;)

is there a way to exclude special forums/categories? E.g. I have a Graveyard category for closed threads, and I dont want them to count. Is that possible?

Hi,
in my forum don't works, maybe addon conflict:
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND user.user_id NOT IN () AND user.user_group_id NOT IN () AND u' at line 9

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in TopThreadStarters/Model/TopThreadStarters.php at line 37
TopThreadStarters_Model_TopThreadStarters::TopThreadStartersArray() in TopThreadStarters/ControllerPublic/TopThreadStarters.php at line 13
TopThreadStarters_ControllerPublic_TopThreadStarters->actionIndex() in WidgetFramework/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 13
WidgetFramework_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in AttachStats/ControllerPublic/AttachStats.php at line 7
AttachStats_ControllerPublic_AttachStats->actionIndex() in *******/AttachmentEssential/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 12
*******_AttachmentEssential_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in *******/MetadataEssential/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 21
*******_MetadataEssential_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 7
CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/public_html/index.php at line 13

Top Bottom