1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.1 Top Resources not sorting?

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by qz2, Jun 29, 2014.

1. qz2

qz2 Member

Is there a minimum number of reviews a resource must have before it gets sorted?

I have 8 resources, 6 of which have no ratings or reviews, 1 which has 1 review of 5 stars and 1 which has 1 review of 4 stars.

However, when I click on the top resources tab, it doesn't seem to sort the resources by the rating, rather it seems to be sorting them by Newest Resources.

I removed the Latest Updates, Newest Resources, and Most Downloaded tabs from the resource_index and resource_category templates, and the url has ?order=rating_weighted at the end, but could it somehow still be using the newest resources sorting algorithm?

For example, this is the code for the tabs I have:

Code:
            <ol class="tabs">
                <li class="{xen:if '{$order} == "title"', active}"><a href="{xen:link resources, '', 'order=title', 'direction=asc', 'type={$typeFilter}'}">{xen:phrase titleaz}</a></li>
                <li class="{xen:if '{$order} == "rating_weighted"', active}"><a href="{xen:link resources/categories, $category, '_params={$pageNavParams}', 'order=rating_weighted'}">{xen:phrase top_resources}</a></li>
            </ol>
    Thanks

2. qz2

qz2 Member

It seems to sort just fine when the URL ends with ?order=rating_weighted&direction=desc

I was able to fix this by adding direction=desc to the URL:

Code:
            <ol class="tabs">
                <li class="{xen:if '{$order} == "title"', active}"><a href="{xen:link resources, '', 'order=title', 'direction=asc', 'type={$typeFilter}'}">{xen:phrase titleaz}</a></li>
                <li class="{xen:if '{$order} == "rating_weighted"', active}"><a href="{xen:link resources/categories, $category, '_params={$pageNavParams}', 'order=rating_weighted', 'direction=desc'}">{xen:phrase top_resources}</a></li>
            </ol>