Top Posters of the Month (TPM2) [Deleted]

I have a proposition :
It would be really cool if the widget displays the count of messages of the month and also the count of likes of the month.

I agree. To me "top posters" should imply quality as much as quantity so integrating likes would be great - especially if it could also be based on a ration of posts/likes.

So for example

Member A posts 2000 posts a month with 12 likes
Member B posts 1200 posts a month with 400 likes

IMO member B is the "top" poster.

If there is a contest and it's just based on post count, we could get an awful lot of guff posts from people just trying to win.

If the add-on is called Top-Posters, I don't see anything wrong with what the author of this add-on did.

What you guys are asking for, is something I could agree with, but not in this thread. This should be a request for another add-on with your listed features, which shouldn't be called "Top Posters of the Month" but "Top Users of the Month" maybe, which could obviously take consideration of many aspects such as:

• Total posts
• Total likes
• Total threads
• Online time
• Total followers

and so on, but again, altough I agree with you, I'd not ask for something like this in an add-on which is meant to serve other purposes, in my opinion.

This said, @au lait do you have any screenshots of this "Banner" you added in the last version? I'd like to evaluate before upgrading to the last version, thank you :)

I agree. To me "top posters" should imply quality as much as quantity so integrating likes would be great - especially if it could also be based on a ration of posts/likes.

So for example

Member A posts 2000 posts a month with 12 likes
Member B posts 1200 posts a month with 400 likes

IMO member B is the "top" poster.

If there is a contest and it's just based on post count, we could get an awful lot of guff posts from people just trying to win.
Exactly specially like in my case if i want to offer gift to the winners. It would be easy to win in posting what ever you want but if it includes likes, it means that the victory is not in your hands but depends of the others members. The content will be a quality content !! And of course the addon has to be rename in "Top Members of the Month"
If the add-on is called Top-Posters, I don't see anything wrong with what the author of this add-on did.
This is just a suggestion, we didn't say that the author made something wrong, we just want to help him in developping something usefull. He makes a great job and i personnaly trust him and i use all his addons on my board (free and paid). @au lait is someone on hearing and close to his customers. And if he can produce a similar addon or improve it in that way we will be ready to pay for it again !!

Last edited:
is it possible with this add-on to have more than one top poster / run multiple contest for different parts of your site?
For example, we're interested in having multiple Top Posters for different areas. So we have Gamer of the Month, a Writer of the month etc.
If not, no problem but I thought asking couldn't hurt.

hi
Is it possible to edit this addon to make it top poster of the week (it will create more dynamic)

also a suggestion, it will be nice for the member to see how many messages they have posted so they can compare.
something like "you have post x messages"
or "you need to post x message for the 1st place"

thank you

Any news regarding updating of this add-on? can anyone take over this from original author like AVATARS GALLERY?

@au lait recently announced that he has found a developer to take over his addons so we can hopefully expect to see them become available for download again sometime soon.

@au lait recently announced that he has found a developer to take over his addons so we can hopefully expect to see them become available for download again sometime soon.

Yes, I hered the same, and now the add-ons are available on XenMad site, I downloaded this one today, but still no accouncement regarding updation. . .

Top Bottom