• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ToggleME !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Version 1.5 released
2011/12/08: v.1.5
  • ToggleME shoud now be compatible with every themes and addons
  • Fix IE no white space bug when category collapsed

The solution to make this addon compatible with every themes and addons is the following one:

It changes this pattern:
GENERAL <DIV /> level 0
CATEGORY <DIV />level 1 [toggle button] (can have level 2 content, no problem)
OTHERS <TAGS /> level 1

to this pattern:
GENERAL <DIV /> level 0
CATEGORY <DIV />level 1 [toggle button] (can have level 2 content, no problem)
ToggleME <DIV>
OTHERS <TAGS> level 1
ToggleME </DIV>
So the solution is to wrap the other tags located under the "category div" with a toggleME div tag ^^
Tested on shoutbox and social theme ;)

What do you call sub-forums ? Is it the very old modification I've made here and which i should edit again ? Just show me a screenshot please.

Good news: I've found a way to make this addon compatible with almost(*) all themes and other add-ons (*: I should say all, but the safer the better ^^). I've also found a typical IE little bug (delete white space under categories when category collapsed). I would first correct it, then release the new version.

I mean the forums located inside the page of a main forum at the top. Here is a screenshot, you can see how making them collapsible would be a huge help if possible.

subforum.webp

version 1.6 released
2011/12/09: v.1.6
  • ToggleME now works with "wrapped subforums inside forum" with cookie memory
  • Previous Javascript code has been simplified
  • New CSS management: 1 css template for automatic update when using the xenForo Style properties options; 1 css to manually edit picture buttons (if needed)
  • ToggleME style configuration options are now in its own group: Appearance->Styles Properties->ToggleME
  • "CollaSped" mistake has been corrected ^^
  • >> Update special information: if you see a graphic problem with the new button, just edit the template "toggleme_page_container_js"... without editing it, but still saving it.
subforums-toggle-png.22391

design_options_toggle-png.22393

Edit: archive is back ^^ A bug had been found. xenForo plugin system is quite "fussy".

Thanks. Great work. I leave spanish translation for spanish install.

Salud2
Thanks for your translation, I'm going to put a direct link to this postid, so if you want to update it, please use the same post :)
Luis told me that three options of the checkbox selector in admin options haven't been phrased. I'm going to make a new archive with 1.6.1. But no need to update for those who already have 1.6 version.

Reactions: lms
Code:
Stack Trace
#0 /.../library/ToggleME/Listener.php(109): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError('forum_view', '???????????????...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#1 /.../library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(54): ToggleME_Listener::template_postrender(Array, Array)
#2 /.../library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array)
#3 /.../library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#4 /.../library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(119): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#5 /.../library/XenForo/FrontController.php(565): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#6 /.../library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#7 /.../index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
I got this error Message on a white page first time. Then I switched the "Wrapped Subforums in a forum" option on and reload the page an everything is fine, I also can now disable the "Wrapped Subforums in a forum" option now. (copied message form server errorlog in the acp)

By "page" you mean a "page" node? If yes, I made some tests and I can't reproduce the problem. Do you have the last version of ToggleMe ?

I've tried to access a forum from the startpage and then the page was white with this error message on it. But as I described I enabled the "Wrapped Subforums in a forum" option an then the error doesn't appear any more, after that I disabled the option again without an error.:confused:

I've tried to access a forum from the startpage and then the page was white with this error message on it. But as I described I (enabled) disabled (?) the "Wrapped Subforums in a forum" option an then the error doesn't appear any more, after that I disabled the option again without an error.:confused:

I don't understand... Do you use the last version ? Try to upload again all files please.

I just want to add the ability to collapse/ expand categories.
I don't want them to change appearance at all.

Can I do that?

What exactly do I need to change in order to have the toggle buttons displayed on the left side of each category instead?

I would love to install this but i missing one more "toggle" which is the header template
I have large logo with a background I would love to give my users the option to turn it off?

thanks

I quite busy at the moment. But to answer the two last questions:

@Zeno: edit the template "toggleme_manual.css", find the button you want. And a "float: left" instead of a "float; right" should me enough.
@kkm323: I guess your header is home-made template, so this addon can't do much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom