• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ToggleME !

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the center tag who makes a problem. And by the way, your center tag is not valid. It starts before li and finish in it...

Yep, repositioned the <center> tags
That was done like three months ago when I was just experimenting and never was fixed!
THANKS BUD!

I won't help everybody, but to correct your problem :
delete those ugly "CENTER" tags in your template then go to Style Properties: Forum / Node List and this css : "text-align:center;" in categorystrip title.

New version

2011/12/04: v.1.2
  • Toggle user extra information in postbit
  • >>Upload files AND import xml to update
toggle-postbit-png.22101

I know I still have to implement some admin options to activate or not that option or allow usergroups to view or not this icon, but I don't know how to do it yet and I first want to finish my personal style.

version 1.3 released

2011/12/07: v.1.3
  • ToggleME options: per usergroups, per styles, per area (forumhome, postbit)
  • >>To update: upload files AND import xml to update AND configure this addon in admin->home->options->ToggleME
admin-options-png.22252

Since we started to Toggle things, how about toggle the sidebar :P Nice stuff Cédric, keep'em comming :)

Since we started to Toggle things, how about toggle the sidebar :p Nice stuff Cédric, keep'em comming :)
There is already this great addon. I respect his work so I don't want to compete with him. The only advantage to integrate this hack would be to save one cookie and have setting options.
Now if TFH is ok with this idea and with the Creatice Commons Licence, it would be a pleasure to do it together. :)

Thanks Cedric, you have developed a very well developed complement and with a stunning evolution.

I did not working correctly in the conversations (Tested with the default style), is expanded and need to double click for it to work, it works fine in the threads.

This same thing happened in the previous version. Could you verify this.

Also I have a problem with the collapse of the categories and is due to the theme I'm using (Social) that sets the description in another box. Some pictures for better understanding.

Expanded
expandido.webp

Collapsed
colapsado.webp

I have not been able to fix it, if so kind as to helping me.

Thanks and regards.

I did not working correctly in the conversations (Tested with the default style), is expanded and need to double click for it to work, it works fine in the threads.

This same thing happened in the previous version. Could you verify this.

Also I have a problem with the collapse of the categories and is due to the theme I'm using (Social) that sets the description in another box. Some pictures for better understanding.

Expanded
View attachment 22262

Collapsed
View attachment 22263

I have not been able to fix it, if so kind as to helping me.

Thanks and regards.
That's strange, I didn't change the Javascript part. May be a regex problem. The version 1.1 was working on your website, wasn't it ? Send me by pm your website and configure toogleme for unregistered. I'm going to test it again on my local installation and on my website.

Edit : sorry i'm not yet used to xenForo terminology, "conversations" are 'forum homepage categories" ?

Ok, the problem is simple, but I have to make a choice ^^ I'm going to try to explain first.

The basic xenForo theme structure for categories is the following:
GENERAL <DIV> level 0
CATEGORY <DIV>level 1 [toggle button]
DESCRIPTION <DIV> (if there is a description)level 2
NODE LIST <OL> (FORUMS) level 1
The Chatbox structure is the following:
GENERAL <DIV> level 0
DESCRIPTION <DIV> (if there is a description)level 2
CHATBOX <DIV> (FORUMS) level 1

The Social Theme structure is the following:
GENERAL <DIV> level 0
DESCRIPTION <DIV> (if there is a description)level 1
NODE LIST <OL> (FORUMS) level 1

This addon targets the CATEGORY <DIV> to initiate the toggle button. In the first javascript version, the script was using this command next('ol'), which simply means that after targeted the category div, the command target the next <ol> element (on the same level) to collapse or expand it.

To make it work with the Chatbox, I've just used this command next(),without 'ol'. It means that after the targeted category element has been found, the next same level element would be the one to collapse or expand.

But with the social theme, the description is now between the category div and the node list, so the solution would be to use back next('ol'), but of course It won't work any more with the Chatbox ^^

I'm going to see if i can do something about it.

Strange I've just installed the last version of the shoutbox on my local website and the problem is the same.

Would love to see this add in the ability to toggle the subforums so they can stop taking up space for users who don't care about them at the top of a forum. Probably not in scope of this but worth a shot.

Would love to see this add in the ability to toggle the subforums so they can stop taking up space for users who don't care about them at the top of a forum. Probably not in scope of this but worth a shot.
What do you call sub-forums ? Is it the very old modification I've made here and which i should edit again ? Just show me a screenshot please.

Good news: I've found a way to make this addon compatible with almost(*) all themes and other add-ons (*: I should say all, but the safer the better ^^). I've also found a typical IE little bug (delete white space under categories when category collapsed). I would first correct it, then release the new version.

I've set the usergroups who can see the toogle function but It seems that the super admins are the only ones who can see the toogle function.

Edit: Sorry, False alarm!! It seems that I've too much caching going on and users need to clear their browser cache to get the changes kick in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom