1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Today's Posts/Threads

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Ahmed, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

It's nice to be able to search for posts/thread which have posted in the last 24 hours.
    The current 'What's New?' is good, but if you want to reread a thread that has no new posts it's quite difficult to find it again unless you remember it's name or at least the forum that posted in, specially in large forums.
    Abomination and Mark.B like this.
  2. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

I agree...I really, really need this. :)
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Onimua likes this.
  4. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Good to know that. :)
    I'm just wondering if you make in the UI, where it will be placed. Maybe next to the 'What's New?' although I don't think that is the right place for it.
  5. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

Brilliant Mike, thanks. :)

I don't mind if it's not in the default UI, as long as the ability to do it exists.
  6. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

7. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

If this option is put in, perhaps we can get rid of that #@$)(*@##!@#)(*&$#!!!!!!!! confirmation popup?

Hey, I can dream, can't I?
  8. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

About there..? Better worded of course.

9. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

Will need some sort of conditional somewhere to change the "New Posts" title and description for when doing this.
  10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is some inconsistency in the text on the search pages too.

The quick search states "Newer Than:", advanced search states "Posted Since:".
  11. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

But it should be visible to the end -simple- user that can't/doesn't want to write the whole URL.
  12. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Yes, Something like that should work, But I think it should be there all the time everywhere, not only in the results of the new posts search.
  13. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Another thread reminded me of this one. I'd like to know is the request, being [Implemented], not getting any attention any more? 'Cos without a link in the UI it's more like a trick than an implemented feature.
  14. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

It says it has been Implemented/Resolved, But I can't -actually see it anywhere. :confused:
    Abomination likes this.