TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

After looking at your site, I see an option that might be needed in future releases. Sort forums Ascending/Descending. I had presumed the newest season should be listed first.

I renumbered them myself. I added from 13-1, some where in order with newest at top, etc.. then got a bit wacky in the middle for whatever reason. I haven't decided how I want it to appear yet, I may do some CSS tuning and display them side by side etc... Still brainstorming.. hahaha.

See, if I go with something like this...

E4yT8Hg.png

I'll have to have a bit more control...

The way you have made it is great for me. Others, well, they can weigh in.

I'll bet when you hit season 10 the sort was off. I know why that might happen. It was a text sort so 10 and over would be out of order. I've changed it to a numeric sort on the season number in tomorrow's update.

I like the way that looks. If you're doing that by the CSS files, could you send it to me and perhaps I can make it an option somewhere along the line.

I did notice you kind of fuddy up the main forum template. The latest forum message is in the wrong position which throws off the series rating. But I'll assume that because you're not done yet. ;)

Last edited:
I did notice you kind of fuddy up the main forum template. The latest forum message is in the wrong position which throws off the series rating. But I'll assume that because you're not done yet. ;)

Some of that has to do with the theme itself (which I am just learning). The other parts are ALWAYS a WIP. Its fun to see what can be done. I no longer worry about visitors and their thoughts about how it looks, I usually change every three days anyway. Hahaha.

Snog updated TMDb TV Thread Starter with a new update entry:

TMDb TV Thread Starter Update 2.0.2

An update to the TMDb TV Thread Starter system has been released. Those that have purchased this mod, please run tvthreads_install.php to install this update.

This updates and fixes the following items in 2.0.1..
  • Fix poster not displaying when automatic episode forum is created
  • Change season forum sort to numeric sort
  • Add option to sort season forums in ascending order

Read the rest of this update entry...

so i must create new node/subforum from ACP
NO. You don't need to do ANYTHING in the ACP. And you SHOULD NOT do anything in the ACP with TV Show forums except delete them if needed.

In the TV forum click 'Add Season'...
addseason.webp

it is option in Categories for TV Shows??
If you have a category for TV shows, and you have created a TV Show forum using the 'Add TV Show' button in the category, then the option will be in the TV Show forum.

very confusing option, what if i choose category where got forums for tv thread??
I don't think it's confusing at all. :)

If you select a category where you have regular forums for the standard TV threads, you'll end up with a forum for an individual TV show mixed in with your normal TV forums when you add a TV show.

incategory.webp

Categories are a separate function in the add-on. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.

OK, you created a forum with http://www.themoviedb.org/tv/314-star-trek-enterprise ... that was correct.

When you create a season, you do it INSIDE the TV Show forum and you only need to enter the season number...
seasonnumber.webp

If you added the season using the Add TV Show button, that was incorrect and the system responded properly by adding the TV show a second time.

Top Bottom