TMDb Integration - Movie Info Generator

TMDb Integration - Movie Info Generator 1.3.2

No permission to download
I know @xfrocks is busy these days so I'm offering an open reward to the first person who gets this completely working with 1.3.1 of XF. I'll start the opening at $50 USD. :)

May I apply for the reward? :cry:
Of course! :D I know you are really busy and, since this was being offered as a free addon, I didn't want to bug you about it so I put it out there in case anybody else took a look and saw the problem.

... and Murphy's Law has kicked in. It now seems to be working on my test site (still had to rename the folder though).

A possible bug though in that it doesn't like URLs being used in the [movie] tag; entering a URL causes some type of error that results in everything in the post from the [movie] tag onward to be not saved with the post.

I'm experimenting but so far it appears to be working. A few rough spots but nothing major.

I know @xfrocks is busy these days so I'm offering an open reward to the first person who gets this completely working with 1.3.1 of XF. I'll start the opening at $50 USD. :)
The reward has been sort of claimed since @xfrocks pointed me in the direction of that I was using the wrong value for the BB code (see last post above). Putting my money where my mouth is, I've made a donation @yavuz and subscribed to an account upgrade at XFRocks.com.

Thanks, guys.

Is there anyway of restricting this function to a specific forum?

I know you can hide it from certain users but thats not a great solution for me

Is there anyway of restricting this function to a specific forum?

I know you can hide it from certain users but thats not a great solution for me
I did a quick & dirty change on my site to do just that, of having it show up only in one forum. I'll post it somewhere later tonight.

I was under the impression that it shows the actual movie.
No, it just display information about the movie using data obtained from TMDb & IMDb. After installing & using it you'll see something like this thread about the SyFy movie Sharknado. The section at top with the movie posters, list of actors, and other values was generated automatically using this add-on. The comment below the movie info' section and the YouTube video was added below the movie BB code when the thread was created.

There would be no way for it to actually display movies, especially when taking into account copyrights.

ha... actual movie.

I'm looking into limiting the number of posters returned, as it seems to be returning a billion on some movies. I'll toss you some money for development--and if I mod it or change it for the better (IMO) I'll send you those changes. All I've done thus far is push the poster <div> below the main <div> so that it shows more and the scroll doesnt look funny. I think the easiest thing to do is limit scroll and allow the click thumbnails to take over in xenforo.

Anybody running this with SSL?
If you are using SSL then your visitors might get a security warning because the images beings served from TMDb are using http instead of https.

A quick & dirty solution is to modify /library/TMDb/Model/API.php and at the top of the file around line 26 (in the 'public function getConfig()' section look for...
Code:
return $config;
... and then add this to a new line above it:
Code:
$config['images']['base_url'] = $config['images']['secure_base_url'];

Top Bottom