XF 1.2 TMC As Addons

DRE

I went in debug mode and created an addon called 8thos TMC. I added about 15 custom Template Modifications to it. Saved my work and went about my business. Later on I kept getting server time-outs whenever I tried to upgrade, install or uninstall an addon. I asked my host what's going on and he said that I had too many url rewrites and addon requests. So I removed all my url rewrites of which there only about 7 and unassociated all my TMC edits from 8thos TMC, then uninstalled TMC. I am now able to upgrade, install and uninstall addons without them timing out.

I asked my host what's going on and he said that I had too many url rewrites and addon requests.
I can't say that I even know what that means exactly...

Template modifications should have a relatively minor effect on the add-on rebuild process (which is presumably the issue as you said it happens when uninstalling an add-on). However, I'd have to confirm this for myself. If you want me to look into this, could you send in a ticket with FTP and admin CP details?

No it's okay thank you. I used to use TMS for this but I think because I'm on shared hosting, there's a limit to how many template edits you can do under one TMC addon. I didn't realize that same limit would apply with TMC addons as well. What I've decided to do is just transfer all my template edits to a default Xenforo style.
Then use child styles of that default style for the differently styled forum skins.

Top Bottom