1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 TMC As Addons

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by DRE, Jul 24, 2013.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I went in debug mode and created an addon called 8thos TMC. I added about 15 custom Template Modifications to it. Saved my work and went about my business. Later on I kept getting server time-outs whenever I tried to upgrade, install or uninstall an addon. I asked my host what's going on and he said that I had too many url rewrites and addon requests. So I removed all my url rewrites of which there only about 7 and unassociated all my TMC edits from 8thos TMC, then uninstalled TMC. I am now able to upgrade, install and uninstall addons without them timing out.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can't say that I even know what that means exactly...

Template modifications should have a relatively minor effect on the add-on rebuild process (which is presumably the issue as you said it happens when uninstalling an add-on). However, I'd have to confirm this for myself. If you want me to look into this, could you send in a ticket with FTP and admin CP details?
  3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

No it's okay thank you. I used to use TMS for this but I think because I'm on shared hosting, there's a limit to how many template edits you can do under one TMC addon. I didn't realize that same limit would apply with TMC addons as well. What I've decided to do is just transfer all my template edits to a default Xenforo style.
    Then use child styles of that default style for the differently styled forum skins.