Resource icon

[tl] Threads, posts and conversations per page [Paid] 2.0.4

No permission to buy ($18.00)
Hi @truonglv,

just bought your addon to support your work (y)

Reading the change log I saw this feature:

• Ability set custom posts per page for each thread

I thought that would allow me to set the number of posts per page for each thread.

It seems that this just works for individual users, but not in general for all users. So each user is able to set his own custom number of posts per page for each thread, but other users or guests will still see the board default value.

Would it be possible to set the number of posts per page for each individual page for alle users & guests? E.g. I as the Admin or Mods would set the number of posts per page for each thread which will be displayed to all users and guests. Thanks!

Hi @truonglv,

just bought your addon to support your work (y)

Reading the change log I saw this feature:

I thought that would allow me to set the number of posts per page for each thread.

It seems that this just works for individual users, but not in general for all users. So each user is able to set his own custom number of posts per page for each thread, but other users or guests will still see the board default value.

Would it be possible to set the number of posts per page for each individual page for alle users & guests? E.g. I as the Admin or Mods would set the number of posts per page for each thread which will be displayed to all users and guests. Thanks!
It is possible.

Hi there, I just purchased this addon but as soon as it's enabled it makes my site inoperable with this error:

[E_WARNING] Undefined array key "content_type"

#0 src/addons/Truonglv/DiscussionsPerPage/Callback.php(61): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Und...', '/home/site/...', 61)
#1 src/addons/Truonglv/DiscussionsPerPage/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(21): Truonglv\DiscussionsPerPage\Callback::getOption('threads', Array)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php(126): Truonglv\DiscussionsPerPage\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->preDispatchType('Index', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(351): XF\Mvc\Controller->preDispatch('Index', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Forum', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}

Would you know how to resolve this? Thank you :)

Hi there, I just purchased this addon but as soon as it's enabled it makes my site inoperable with this error:

Would you know how to resolve this? Thank you :)
Think the addon is dependent on Xon's addon library. If so, it should be listed as a prerequisite, but you can download the library for free here:

Sadly I do have the latest version of this installed already. No idea why this is happening otherwise, hopefully we can get it resolved!
Might be better to contact the dev on his website, if you haven't already. Looks like he hasn't visited here since you posted this. I think it's late at night where he's at, though, so it might still take a little while to get a response. In any case, he's been good about getting back to me on questions in the past, so I'm sure you'll here something from him shortly.

Hi again, hope you're well. The addon has been working great for us so far but some of our users have a question about linking. When someone links to posts and gives that link to someone else, unless they both have the same posts per page setting, the post linked to ends up different. For example, if someone with 20 posts per page clicks a link to a post made by someone who has 30, they will end up looking at a different post due to the different setting.

I assume this isn't possible to resolve, but just wanted to double check it was the intended behavior? Thank you :)

Hi again, hope you're well. The addon has been working great for us so far but some of our users have a question about linking. When someone links to posts and gives that link to someone else, unless they both have the same posts per page setting, the post linked to ends up different. For example, if someone with 20 posts per page clicks a link to a post made by someone who has 30, they will end up looking at a different post due to the different setting.

I assume this isn't possible to resolve, but just wanted to double check it was the intended behavior? Thank you :)
The page always respect of the current user settings.

Top Bottom