Resource icon

[tl] Thread title limitation [Paid] 1.0.1

No permission to buy ($5.00)
I've found this causes a bug in the latest release of XenForo 2.2.2. When a member tries to 'Report' a bad post by clicking the link you end up getting this message no matter what you enter:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please enter a title that is at most 80 characters long.

The issue went away when I disabled this addon.

UPDATE: I forgot to add that the "please enter a title.." message seems a bit random. On some posts the 'Report' feature works fine, but on others you get the above. I haven't established a trend yet.

Last edited:
I've found this causes a bug in the latest release of XenForo 2.2.2. When a member tries to 'Report' a bad post by clicking the link you end up getting this message no matter what you enter:

The issue went away when I disabled this addon.

UPDATE: I forgot to add that the "please enter a title.." message seems a bit random. On some posts the 'Report' feature works fine, but on others you get the above. I haven't established a trend yet.
This is also our problem when setting thread title character limit (using a different addon). Our XF option is set to create a thread of reported posts in a private forum and since there are added characters on report thread title it exceeded the limit so reporting a post returns an error. Below is an example of a thread created when user reported a post which has 90 characters.

----
Reported content: Post in thread 'This Is The Original Thread Title Of The Reported Post'
----

If we set our thread title limit to 60 characters then that thread won't be created, thus, returning an error when trying to report a post. We're hoping your addon has remedy for that. Maybe disable the character limit for threads created by reports, would that be possible?

Top Bottom